PDA

View Full Version : Gamma for 3d

tc17
09-05-05, 01:11 PM
I am new to the nvidia cards. I recently purchased a 6800le which I am happy with its speed.

However I do have an LCD monitor that I normally have to raise the gamma inside of darker games. Although some games don't have a gamma setting. Is there any program I can use with my Nvidia card that will temporarily raise the gamma setting for 3d directx games?

I see there is an overlay setting, but that appears to only be for video. I would have preferred a 3d setting also.

OWA
09-05-05, 02:36 PM
You're supposed to be able to setup a color profile and in the specific game profile choose the color profile that you want to apply. I think you're supposed to be able to change all the options on the color correction menu and have those applied for the specific game. I keep saying "suppose" because I've only used it with the digital vibrance settings (haven't tried changing contrast, brightness, gama or the sharpening setting).

tc17
09-05-05, 05:47 PM
You're supposed to be able to setup a color profile and in the specific game profile choose the color profile that you want to apply. I think you're supposed to be able to change all the options on the color correction menu and have those applied for the specific game. I keep saying "suppose" because I've only used it with the digital vibrance settings (haven't tried changing contrast, brightness, gama or the sharpening setting).
I did see that profile thing, but didn't see any options for setting the gamma.

OWA
09-05-05, 05:52 PM
The color correction menu has the gamma option. You set everything like you want it on the color correction menu and then save it using whatever name you want. Then, in the game specific profile, select the color profile that you just saved.