PDA

View Full Version : PSP breaks UK's Release Recods

|MaguS|
09-06-05, 11:37 AM
The PlayStation Portable has officially enjoyed the biggest launch weekend of any console in the UK, with around 185,000 units of the system being sold in its first three days at retail.

The figure - which comes from UK market analysts Chart-Track - is more than double the sales of the previous record holder, the Nintendo DS, which sold around 87,000 units in its first weekend back in March.

Linky Linky (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11313)

Nice launch after a long delay. :)

Vagrant Zero
09-06-05, 12:37 PM
Nice. Hopefully the PSP will pick up some thunder.

DaveW
09-06-05, 12:57 PM
Nice. Hopefully the PSP will pick up some thunder.

Doubtful since all the games suck and Sony has no vision for the product.

GamerGuyX
09-07-05, 01:03 AM
Doubtful since all the games suck and Sony has no vision for the product.

Actually the games are quite good. Not to mention the fact that the PSP has a lot of nice features and developer support (especially from Sony). I mean, if Sony didn't have any vision for the PSP then why are they supporting it so heavily?

Bad_Boy
09-07-05, 06:00 AM
Actually the games are quite good. Not to mention the fact that the PSP has a lot of nice features and developer support (especially from Sony). I mean, if Sony didn't have any vision for the PSP then why are they supporting it so heavily?
qft. like i said time and time before, this fall is where the psp will spread it's wings, now we are starting to see the beginning of it. so many great titles coming out. sony is especially supporting their hardware, how could you say they arnt?

that said, tgs is gonna be pretty sweet. :D

|MaguS|
09-07-05, 06:07 AM
Well considering that Sony has almost an entire Hall (not really but the largest one by far) to themselves at TGS I would hope for a great showing from them...

Mr. Hunt
09-07-05, 11:40 AM
Yeah... the reason the PSP doesn't have a million games out right now is because it came out right before the Summer... and Summer is THE WORST season for games... holiday season is where it is at.

Bad_Boy
09-13-05, 07:17 AM
http://psp.ign.com/articles/647/647981p1.html
LOTS of A+ titles (hopefully) in store coming before the end of the year :D