PDA

View Full Version : IGN sold for $650....

Pages : [1] 2

LiquidX
09-08-05, 01:30 PM
MILLION dollars. :eek: I have been a fan of IGN since they went online but I am shocked there are worth so much.

NEW YORK - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. made its latest acquisition in the Internet sector Thursday, agreeing to pay $650 million in cash for online video-game company IGN Entertainment Inc.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050908/ap_on_bi_ge/news_corp__ign_entertainment

BioHazZarD
09-08-05, 01:35 PM
crazy numbers.

Rakeesh
09-08-05, 01:39 PM
Hmmm...seeing as fox is kind of the anti-viacom, I wonder if this means IGN/Gamespy will lose their MTV'ish attribute?

Well, to me IGN/Gamespy can't get any worse than they are, so any change would be good.

Tygerwoody
09-08-05, 02:02 PM
ditto...
I think anything would help IGN not suck anymore

CaptNKILL
09-08-05, 02:43 PM
ditto...
I think anything would help IGN not suck anymore
I agree... they keep buying sites and making them worse. It takes a really good site to actually remain decent after becoming part of IGN. 3d gamers is one of the few thats still alright.

PikachuMan
09-08-05, 03:40 PM
I agree... they keep buying sites and making them worse. It takes a really good site to actually remain decent after becoming part of IGN. 3d gamers is one of the few thats still alright.

I know, I sure hope askmen.com doesn't get changed up too much by IGN. :(

Mr. Hunt
09-08-05, 05:56 PM
Is it still going to be part of the Founder's Club or whatever?

vampireuk
09-08-05, 06:39 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031205l.jpg

Mr. Hunt
09-08-05, 06:49 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031205l.jpg

Penny Arcade has no room to talk about bad stuff when they can't even make a semi-funny comic.

stncttr908
09-08-05, 06:56 PM
Penny Arcade has no room to talk about bad stuff when they can't even make a semi-funny comic.
Mr. Hunt has no room to talk about bad stuff when he doesn't have a proper sense of humor.

Mr. Hunt
09-08-05, 07:03 PM
Mr. Hunt has no room to talk about bad stuff when he doesn't have a proper sense of humor.

Actually I have a great sense of humor... I just don't enjoy little crappy comics that have no comedy... that is like looking at a drawing of a house and laughing... it is not funny and should not be laughed at.

superklye
09-08-05, 07:23 PM
Don't worry about him. He hates everything that anyone else likes.

Mr. Hunt
09-08-05, 07:25 PM
Don't worry about him. He hates everything that anyone else likes.

Not true... I rather enjoy bashing NIN with the others here sometimes ;).

S.I.N
09-08-05, 07:25 PM
Its like somethingawful.com making fun of people who like anime but has advertisements for anime all over the site. I have yet to laugh at one of those penny arcade comics and everyone I have seen is just stupid but they allways find there way in a thread and gets everyone to bust out laughing as if only the cool kids get them.

Mr. Hunt
09-08-05, 07:27 PM
Its like somethingawful.com making fun of people who like anime but has advertisements for anime all over the site. I have yet to laugh at one of those penny arcade comics and everyone I have seen is just stupid but they allways find there way in a thread and gets everyone to bust out laughing as if only the cool kids get them.

That can't be true though... my mother told me I was the coolest kid in existence... don't tell me the ***** lied to me?!

Acid Rain
09-08-05, 11:27 PM
That can't be true though... my mother told me I was the coolest kid in existence... don't tell me the ***** lied to me?!Close with our mother, are we? My only real question here is, why did the site censor out "fair maiden"? :D

Wow, Mr. Hunt, you are truly among the hardcore. :)

CaptNKILL
09-09-05, 01:30 AM
I have yet to laugh at one of those penny arcade comics and everyone I have seen is just stupid but they allways find there way in a thread and gets everyone to bust out laughing as if only the cool kids get them.
Hey, if you not laughing at penny arcade comics makes everyone else "the cool kids" then thats ok :D

I like them myself... that one was pretty stupid, but most that are linked here are good. And like they say, theres a penny arcade comic for every situation, so thats why you see them all the time ;)

gram_vaz
09-09-05, 01:45 AM
hopefully this will bring change to ign. i used to like them a long time ago when they would do per episode reviews of anime but now their reviews sound as if they were written by 15year old fanboys...

GamerGuyX
09-09-05, 02:56 AM
For the record, I think Penny Arcade is hilarious! :D

Nutty
09-09-05, 07:28 AM
Ditto, tho VGCats is better :)

ralinn
09-10-05, 09:04 AM
Ditto, tho VGCats is better :)
This man speaks the truth!

stncttr908
09-10-05, 11:37 AM
I don't really like VGCats. It has its moments, but I prefer Ctrl-Alt-Del and PA more.

|MaguS|
09-10-05, 11:41 AM
VGCats for the win! Never found Ctrl-Atl-Del funny but PA is great. I visit the site constantly. GUComics is another winner, started out as an EQ comic but jumped to general gaming.

oldsk00l
09-10-05, 12:30 PM
Hey I thought the PA comic was very pertinent, it's all stupid crap that nobody cares about...afaik Rupert Murdoch got pwn3d.

vampireuk
09-10-05, 02:24 PM
Somebody likes Penny Arcade so somebody else has to argue just for the sake of it.