PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Z680 Speakers..

Kapp
12-26-02, 09:09 PM
I have been to forums all over the place and have not seen 1 straight answer. What cable do I need to connect these speakers to my Audigy 1 digitally? I am growing annoyed with these at this point. Any suggestions would help, please. Audigy 1 does not have an optical outlet so don't say buy an optical cable. I know I can use coax but what kind do I have to get? Can someone please help me out here? any and all suggestions would help a TON. Right now I am frustrated and don't know what to do at this point. I thought having a SB Audigy and these new bad ass speakers would get me digital sound. Guess not..

fastguy94416
12-26-02, 10:12 PM
my creative speakers came with a digital output thingy. All it was was a minijack that turned into a Ps/2 looking dongle that connected to the subwoofer. I never could get it to work with the sblive, so i just used analoge. Sounded fine to me
Edit: BTW, its called a digital DIN

Kapp
12-27-02, 01:22 AM
I can't seem to find a cable to connect from the coaxil out in the speaker to the pc soundcard.

And judging how 25 people viewed this post, ant only 1 replied, im guessing im not the only one who has no clue what to do here...

LTech221
12-27-02, 06:21 AM
I think u need a 1/8" mini to RCA adapter. Go to radioshack or something and ask for that.

Kapp
12-27-02, 12:36 PM
37 people read, 4 answered, pathetic guys.

vampireuk
12-27-02, 12:43 PM
stop your bitching, people are trying to help out give them a break. If someone knew they would tell you. No need to get all iffy about it.:mad:

volt
12-27-02, 12:48 PM
Not like Logitech doesn't have support for those speakers right?
Is it a pain in the arse to call/email them?

Not to mention those speakers are expensive and not too many people have it. You might want to try emailing Pelly as I have a feeling he might have used them.

Kapp
12-27-02, 12:50 PM
2 more posts! :D

pelly
12-27-02, 01:09 PM
Hey man...you should realize that not all problems can be solved the minute you post them...taking the wrong attitude typically causes people to not want to help at all...a thought to keep in mind for the future...

As far as the problem is concerned, you would be wise to take a look at past reviews of your sound card for some hints...

For example, HEXUS has a bit of news regarding the card and some problems they've found in their review (http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=293)

Installation Issues

For Hexus in the labs the card installed like a dream. Some cards have definite issues however. Our sample from Creative worked without an issue, but the card which Ryszard uses doesn't. Apparently there has been two models of Audigy floating around the markets, the SB0090 and the SB0092. On any of Ryszard's test systems the rear channel has refused to work and neither has the FireWire network adapter.

For testing AC3 compatibility I ran the digital out to my Sony Dolby Digital/DTS decoder and I managed to her the output - it ran fine. Some of the owners of the SB0090 cards can not hear the output - you need to check you get the newer card.

That should point you in the right direction...good luck!

:D

Kapp
12-27-02, 01:27 PM
I am at the point now where logitech, and creative both are giving me the same bs answers. Logitech customer support hotline is full of germans or something who pick up the phones and it is impossible to know what they are saying. I'm just really really frustrated. Don't mind me =|

Sinisterz
12-27-02, 02:18 PM
id help but you just really are that ignorant.

Kapp
12-27-02, 02:20 PM
thank you.

'heh"

LTech221
12-27-02, 04:44 PM
try going to www.3dsoundsurge.com and going to the speakers or Audigy forums.

patm
01-01-03, 04:56 AM
Umm..so far as I know, if your soundcard has digital out it can only be optical or digital coax. Find out which it supports, and which your speakers support, and the cable you need will be either a digital coax cable, or a optical cable (also called toslink cable). That stuff about DIN cables is proprietary stuff used for things like connecting remotes, control pods, whatever it may be.

Kapp
01-01-03, 01:38 PM
I used an RCA cable and got it working.
Thanks.

scooterman
01-04-03, 12:42 PM
dont use the digital out on the audigy for games only for music and DVD because the audigy doesn't encode to AC-3 and therefore there is no way for the logitech decoder to decode it. If you do you digital you will loose eax and a3d effects in games. It will still sound like surround sound becuase the logitech decoder will decode the pcm stream to prologic.

with a set of creative speakers the digital din is a digital connection with sperate digital channels for each speaker so you will have correct eax and a3d in games . But this only works with creative digital speakers.

so if you playing games you should leave all the analog connected. but also connect the digital and switch to that when you play music and dvd's

Kapp
01-12-03, 12:26 PM
No one buy these speakers untill they fix the hiss problem. I got the speakers connected digitally by using an RCA minijack. Coax to soundcard.

The Baron
01-12-03, 01:37 PM
RCA cable is your problem unless it specifically says it works in digital--the bandwidth isn't high enough on the cable for digital.

FastM
01-12-03, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Kapp
No one buy these speakers untill they fix the hiss problem. I got the speakers connected digitally by using an RCA minijack. Coax to soundcard.

Is the hissing the same when using regular old Analoge inputs?

Kapp
01-12-03, 02:00 PM
yup, all around god damn annoying. not worth 415 bucks untill they release the new ones with the fixes.

R.Carter
01-13-03, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Kapp
yup, all around god damn annoying. not worth 415 bucks untill they release the new ones with the fixes.

At what volume setting? If you crank the volume all the way up, then you'll be amplifying noise which is usually "hiss".

If you have nothing connected to the inputs of the speakers is this hissing still there?

Kapp
01-13-03, 02:09 PM
Hissing is there no matter what you try and do. There is no way around it. Logitech is aware of the problem and as far as I know, are putting out newer versions that are hissless. The volume of the hiss is loud, weather the volume is loud or low.