PDA

View Full Version : Help ! Many colors glitches :

chocolade
09-09-05, 04:45 PM
Hi i have Albatron Nvidia Geforce 6800 trinity series 6 128mb memory.
New one worked about one-two months.

Some time while playing battlefield 2 after using the pc for two months somehow while playing i saw many colors strange colors lines all over the screen. So i shut down pc after an hour tried again was ok for one hour.
Then it got whorst.
Many glitches then the monitor just turned off so i had to shut down the pc.
And each time i open the pc as the windows xp sp 2 load up i see those strange colors. the the monitor blink few times and turn off.

If im using the pc like now after i UNINSTALLED the drivers its working ok.
And i tried several drivers versions all of nvidia and from theire website.

Please any ideas what can i do ? Is it something physical in the video card or maybe overheat ? cuz i worked with it two months smooth and it started just like that.

You can see a sample of the problem in the jpg file i attached.
Please try to help me.
In the file attached it was in the begining then it got much more of those and then my monitor got turned off automatic.

thnx a lot.

CaptNKILL
09-09-05, 05:22 PM
Looks like something is overheated or your card is damaged, maybe a blown capacitor. Try disabling fast writes in the bios... ive seen it cause problems like this, though not out of the blue. After that, thoroughly clean and blow out the fan and heatsink. If that still doesnt fix it, you'll probably have to RMA it... its most likely damaged in some way.

jmp51483
09-10-05, 11:49 AM
have you unlocked the pipes on your card? I tried to unlock mine and had the same problem..

mattkenn_4545
09-10-05, 01:09 PM
This looks like what I'm having problems with.

Heres what I found out.(IF we are having the same problem)
1. Most likely not video card. Tried in another computer, RMA'd, prayed upon etc. still no-go.
2. Check you voltages especially the 5v line. For some reason I had issues with this line bouncing around from about 5v to as low a 2v. So far I think this is the issue.
3. Not a powersuppy issue, tried in another computer and used a different supply.
4. Not a memory issue tried in another computer and used different memory.
5. This leaves one thing the motherboard. I plan to RMA it and hope for the best.

BTW Do you have any corruption at POST? I have tons and windows won't boot now. I can navagate the the BIOS but nothing past that. It's gotten worse as time has gone by.

Hope this helps, gurus please step in. (My system in sig)

TierMann
09-10-05, 01:22 PM
This looks like what I'm having problems with.

2. Check you voltages especially the 5v line. For some reason I had issues with this line bouncing around from about 5v to as low a 2v. So far I think this is the issue.

The K8NS Ultra-939 doesn't have a 5v sensor. That's why Easytune 4 and 5 (from gigabyte) and your bios (atleast F6-F8) doesn't list 5v. Speedfan and all those will give you a reading, but it's bull. This has been discovered by a few people with this board while troubleshooting and even I bought a new PSU with no change.

The only time I've gotten corruption at post on that board is when I OC'd too high by forgetting to bring my multi down to 10x instead of 11 after I cranked it up to 250mhz.

mattkenn_4545
09-10-05, 09:29 PM
Maybe its the 3.3v line not sure. Everything is stock and Ive tried downclocking everything to no avail. Kinda wierd that I would get problems like this from a motherboard but I have run out of ideas.