PDA

View Full Version : SLI with Doom 3 issue

Amuro
09-10-05, 07:57 AM
I was playing Doom 3 with 7800 GTX SLI, and for some reason, the game doesn't seem to utilize the 2nd GPU. I noticed the temp of the 2nd card stayed at idle at all times. When I turned on GPU load balancing, there're no green bars both top and bottom. However, when I play Battlefiled 2, everything is normal. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

SH64
09-10-05, 02:01 PM
Did you mess around the profiles ? sounds like a messed up profile.

Zandig
09-10-05, 06:46 PM
SH64 is correct.

If you use nHancer do not use "Write all profiles to registry". This messes up the Doom3 profile. A simple re-install of the drivers should sort you out.

Grestorn
09-11-05, 09:40 AM
SH64 is correct.

If you use nHancer do not use "Write all profiles to registry". This messes up the Doom3 profile. A simple re-install of the drivers should sort you out.
This is true only if you use an old version of nHancer, that doesn't know the new options introduced with 77.x drivers.

1.2 beta will write all the options correctly and wont mess up any SLI profile.

Amuro
09-12-05, 10:55 PM
Actually, it was my rendering mode. Auto-select doesn't always select the right mode. When I manually set it to AFR or AFR2, everything worked great with Doom 3.

SH64
09-12-05, 10:59 PM
Actually, it was my rendering mode. Auto-select doesn't always select the right mode. When I manually set it to AFR or AFR2, everything worked great with Doom 3.

It should correctly work even without touching the auto-select mode. thats what the profiles are for!

Amuro
09-12-05, 11:46 PM
It should correctly work even without touching the auto-select mode. thats what the profiles are for!
I did not use a profie.