PDA

View Full Version : 3DRealms releases Shadow Warrior Expansion a Decade Late

jAkUp
09-10-05, 12:42 PM
Over the years we've been asked several times whatever happened to the Shadow Warrior add-on pack, Wanton Destruction. This add-on was produced by a company called Sunstorm (featuring DNF developer Charlie Wiederhold). The add-on was completed, but then shelved by the distributor. It wasn't our choice, and it wasn't Sunstorm's choice. So the product sat. Eventually Sunstorm went out of business, and the product essentially died. As time went by, we at 3D Realms had thought the product was lost. We never had a copy ourselves of the add-on, and with the company non existent, the chances of releasing it were pretty much zero. We tried to locate it a few times over the years, but pretty much gave up hope, and wrote it off.

Fast forward to this Monday, and we get an email from Anthony Campiti, the former President of Sunstorm. Anthony tells us that he discovered a CD called "Add-on Archive 1". Much to his surprise (and ours), this CD contained the completed version of the Wanton Destruction add-on. A few emails were exchanged, and a CD arrived at 3D Realms HQ on Thursday afternoon with the materials!

http://www.3drealms.com/news/2005/09/wanton_destruction_for_shadow.html

hahahahaha

Bad_Boy
09-10-05, 12:46 PM
Lo Wang!

I think this is like one of the first titles that got me hooked on video games, I casually played games before this one, after shadow warrior i think i was really hooked. I would love for them to do a remake.

lumpyhed
09-10-05, 01:21 PM
DNF will probably end up being released in the same manner. :p

superklye
09-10-05, 01:25 PM
This probably IS DNF.

BioHazZarD
09-10-05, 03:39 PM
Too bad i sold my copy years ago.

Edge
09-10-05, 04:36 PM
Wow...well, better late than never I guess. Seems to be 3drealms motto at this point. Now I'm just waiting for them to put up a news story saying "hey, we were going through our archives, and it turns out we had a disc labeled Duke Nukem Forever: Complete Version. I guess we actually finished the game a while ago, but we must've forgotten about it, I think all those drugs that affect your short-term memory might have had something to do with it. So uhh, it'll be in retail soon, thanks everyone!"

NaitoSan
09-10-05, 10:27 PM
Downloading it. :) I still have retail version of it and play it by using this:

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfsw