PDA

View Full Version : BFG TECH lifetime WARRANTY nothing but HYPE!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

NoMoreBFG4me
09-10-05, 09:03 PM
REMOVED AT THE REQUEST OF SNIFFLES......

To help clarify for anyone reading this thread in the future...

NoMoreBFG4me's original post here was a lengthy claim about some issues/problems/etc that he has with BFG in dealing with an RMA of a 5900 video card.

He later lied in saying that I requested that he remove this initial post. I made no such request...which is silly anyway because everyone knows that moderators can delete or edit anyone else's post themselves if necessary.

He then proceeded to go the route of personal attacks by referring to me as "ADOLF". Which he's since re-edited to "SNIFFLES".

I think that about sums it up.

-Clay

Clay
09-10-05, 09:13 PM
Every lifetime warranty that I have read for any product has similar disclaimers. If such disclaimers were not present, then anyone could do virtually anything to their product (microwave it, drop it, take a bath with it, etc) and then cry foul. How long would you expect any company to exist with that kind of blank slate warranty policy? ...especially with computer hardware in the hands of noobs (not saying that you are one).

Your experience doesn't coincide with any that I've ever heard of regarding BFG. Keep us posted on what you hear from them on Monday.

jAkUp
09-10-05, 09:18 PM
You will regret that username someday :D

NoMoreBFG4me
09-10-05, 09:23 PM
Give me a BREAK!!! "cant say their name cuz sniffles is mad" DROPPED THE BALL!!!!!!! VOIDED my warranty and RUINED my fully functioning card.....

As far as "cant say their name cuz sniffles is mad" knows they still have MY CARD and ITS IN THE RMA process, HOW IS THAT FOR COMMUNICATION FAILURE!!!!!! I am looking at the card, and the RMA refusal INVOICE...

What I find IRONIC is that "cant say their name cuz sniffles is mad" knows most of these forums support overclocking, yet YOU GUYS will overclock 6800 and 7800 cards to the point of destruction, start experiencing artifacts. And get a free replacement, due to my card being What all other NVIDIA MANUFACTURERS consider END OF LIFE. they simply void mine with no explanation....

so spare me the HERE SAY, THIS IS FACT!!!!

acrh2
09-10-05, 09:28 PM
As I have recently purhcased 2 BFG 7800gtx, I read the small print of the lifetime limited warranty and was left with a similar impression (independent of your post): BFG is extermely meticulous in protecting themselves from anything but a straightforward hardware defect or failure in the course of covering a product (I think they have forgotten to include the nonresponsibilty in a case of an alien abduction point, which, I am sure, will be corrected for their future products). Nevertheless, your case, the way you described it, IS a straightforward hardware failure, which is also not entirely uncommon.
The way I see it, a BFG tech support representative has made a bad decision, and this should be corrected. I would try to get in touch with someone a level above the tech support people and explain the situation. Perhaps someone from these forums can give you a phone number or an email address of a real person that could make a ruling to correct this issue. Otherwise, I would call their central offices and try to get such contact information. I would also have my girlfriend make the call, because she knows how to be nice and talk to people on the phone to get info out of them :).

jAkUp
09-10-05, 09:29 PM
Go eVGA. I've RMA'd a few cards through them. They are #1 in my book.

Clay
09-10-05, 09:33 PM
Give me a BREAK!!! BFG DROPPED THE BALL!!!!!!! VOIDED my warranty and RUINED my fully functioning card.....So says you. I'd just like to hear the other side before casting judgement or blind agreement.

What I find IRONIC is that BFG knows most of these forums support overclocking, yet YOU GUYS will overclock 6800 and 7800 cards to the point of destruction, start experiencing artifacts. And get a free replacementWhat??? :confused: I never have had a free replacement. Ease up on the blanket statements. Sure, I overclock to artifacting at times but it has never ruined a card whatsoever.

so spare me the HERE SAY, THIS IS FACT!!!!
Spare you the hearsay? What in the world do you think your rant here is? :rofl

C'mon man, take your finger off the Caps Lock key and just post back here with BFG's response to you on Monday. This doesn't sound anything like BFG to me. They're a very professional, proven, and highly respected company.

jAkUp
09-10-05, 09:34 PM
Yes, and any company with the balls to name thereself as BFG is badass in my books too :D

BFG is my second choice when it comes to video cards. Sometimes first... it depends what mood I'm in :D

InqWoN1776
09-10-05, 09:35 PM
Well, one thing is certain. We Don't know if what you're saying is factual. If you want us to really believe that this happened pics, pics, pics.... I'm not trying to get on your case but you can't just state things expecting others to believe without proof.

Clay
09-10-05, 09:38 PM
Well, one thing is certain. We Don't know if what you're saying is factual. If you want us to really believe that this happened pics, pics, pics.... I'm not trying to get on your case but you can't just state things expecting others to believe without proof.Very well said. I'm not saying that the thread starter here is lying...I clearly have no idea/proof to support that opinion. At the same time, however, I have no proof to support anything to the contrary.

acrh2
09-10-05, 09:41 PM
So says you. I'd just like to hear the other side before casting judgement or blind agreement.

What??? :confused: I never have had a free replacement. Ease up on the blanket statements. Sure, I overclock to artifacting at times but it has never ruined a card whatsoever.

Spare you the hearsay? What in the world do you think your rant here is? :rofl

C'mon man, take your finger off the Caps Lock key and just post back here with BFG's response to you on Monday. This doesn't sound anything like BFG to me. They're a very professional, proven, and highly respected company.

I for one believe him, and what he said sounds very reasonable to me. Why are you posting here? You aren't helping.

InqWoN1776
09-10-05, 09:42 PM
He hasn't asked for our help. Furthermore, if he had a specific technical question to ask us instead of just ripping on BFG I would help.

Clay
09-10-05, 09:48 PM
I for one believe him, and what he said sounds very reasonable to me.That's fine, I'm not gullible though.Why are you posting here? You aren't helping.I help Mike with this website and I'm also a moderator. There are hundreds of cases of B.S. posts (similar to this, not saying this is one) over the years with the sole purpose of spreading FUD and discrediting an IHV. Think about it. Any business is not pretty or pure as the driven snow...especially the highly competitive business of compture hardware.

NoMoreBFG4me
09-10-05, 09:54 PM
LOL....

ohhhh dont badmouth "cant say their name cuz sniffles is mad" , they would never do anything this outrageous... (sarcasm ofcourse)

how do you post pics?

I for one could care less about being believed, that was not the point of my post. I for one DESPISE company's who say one thing and do another behind closed doors. The point of my post was simple, a BUYER BEWARE to fellow consumers....

I used to believe the "cant say their name cuz sniffles is mad" acclaim, after all thats all you read about... how great they are. Yet search for bad things about them and you find as many bad as good.

jAkUp
09-10-05, 09:56 PM
when you post here, at the bottom of the screen it will give you the option of adding attachments. You can upload pictures there.

acrh2
09-10-05, 09:59 PM
That's fine, I'm not gullible though.I help Mike with this website and I'm also a moderator. There are hundreds of cases of B.S. posts (similar to this, not saying this is one) over the years with the sole purpose of spreading FUD and discrediting an IHV. Think about it. Any business is not pretty or pure as the driven snow...especially the highly competitive business of compture hardware.

You don't need to insult me to make a point. His wording is harsh but I think that stems from frustration, and not from trying to spread FUD. I have been in similar situations in the last 15 years of dealing with hardware manufacturers.
As a side note, you are right about one thing. A good start toward resolving this issue would be to drop the attitude. It pays to be nice.

Clay
09-10-05, 10:03 PM
ohhhh dont badmouth BFG, they would never do anything this outrageous... (sarcasm ofcourse)Ever heard of the term libel? So no, don't spew what could be libel just as well as possibly being the truth. You have provided no facts, nothing to support your claims. I think you might feel differently if someone wrote a story in your local newspaper accusing you of robbing a bank (or something worse) without any proof. Do you not understand this very basic principle?

how do you post pics?Use the [ img ] path to your pic [ / img ] syntax (without any spaces in the tags)

I for one could care less about being believed, that was not the point of my post.The persons,entity, business, etc sure do care about whether or not your accusations are believable/factual or not.I for one DESPISE company's who say one thing and do another behind closed doors. The point of my post was simple, a BUYER BEWARE to fellow consumers....

I used to believe the BFG acclaim, after all thats all you read about... how great they are. Yet search for bad things about them and you find as many bad as good.Links? Proof? Anything to substantiate your claims would begin to give you some sort of leg to stand on. Otherwise, I might as well tell everyone to "beware" of ABC Company because they made fun of my mother on the phone, killed a kitten, etc.

InqWoN1776
09-10-05, 10:05 PM
I for one could care less about being believed, that was not the point of my post.

Obviously, but you must understand that we can't just take your word for it. True or Not.

Clay
09-10-05, 10:06 PM
You don't need to insult me to make a point. His wording is harsh but I think that stems from frustration, and not from trying to spread FUD. I have been in similar situations in the last 15 years of dealing with hardware manufacturers.
As a side note, you are right about one thing. A good start toward resolving this issue would be to drop the attitude. It pays to be nice.How did I insult you? Plenty of people are gullible. In some sense it is admirable to be overly trustworthy. Believe pretty much what anyone says, someone you don't know from Adam, etc. It takes all kinds, all I was saying is that I am not gullible. I did not mean to offend but I apologize nonetheless.

Exactly, coming in here with flame-type ALL CAPS screaming will not result in one being taken seriously (by most folks anyway).

keith33
09-10-05, 10:10 PM
Well I believe him, and ranting on a popular NV forum is a good place to start, sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and if you bitch long and hard enough, they'll be forced to either replace or upgrade your card. Don't let this die, it wasn't your fault the card died and I sure as hell wouldn't accept that type of BS RMA. Keep fighting it and escalate it to whatever level you need in order to get a working video card. No one ever supports the little guy. **** happens, good luck.

NoMoreBFG4me
09-10-05, 10:15 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

ok mr ADMIN, I will delete my post for you......

SAD BUT TRUE

95% of all people in the US need to be told what to do and what to believe..

I will simply post a pic, showing it to be TRUE, and you can stick the LIBEL conjecture where the sun does not shine.

after all you being an admin, would not dare to trample on the CDA......

Clay
09-10-05, 10:16 PM
If some of you want to believe him (with no proof, no facts, etc) then that's your prerogative.

I don't believe it without any evidence simply because I know firsthand of many, many cases that are totally contradictory to these claims here in this thread.

The burden of proof rests squarely on his shoulders. It is not too much to ask for that proof. As a matter of fact, it's only logical and sensible to request proof.

Clay
09-10-05, 10:18 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

ok mr ADMIN, I will delete my post for you......

SAD BUT TRUE

95% of all people in the US need to be told what to do and what to believe..

I will simply post a pic, showing it to be TRUE, and you can stick the LIBEL conjecture where the sun does not shine.

after all you being an admin, would not dare to trample on the CDA......

BOYCOTT BFG TECH!!!!!!!!!!!I wasn't throwing around the fact that I'm an admin here in anyone's face, that's lame. Please calm down. I see no need for you to delete your post (I would have a long time ago if it were warranted). CDA?

Your pic isn't displaying correctly for me. I can see the thumbnail but not the full size image.

Clay
09-10-05, 10:20 PM
Why are you referring to me as Adolf Hitler (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=691518&postcount=1)? :confused: Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never requested that you delete your post.

NoMoreBFG4me
09-10-05, 10:22 PM
the pic is uploaded in this forum, I do not know how to make it bigger, its a fullsize pic.