PDA

View Full Version : Which 7800GTX?

Treguard
09-11-05, 09:44 AM
I was going to go for the MSI 7800GTX going off the review on this site, which sseems to point to that being best of the bunch available, however INNO3d and XFX have popped up and I'm wondering which would be the best of these three cards?

Thanks!

Tyr-Sog
09-11-05, 10:01 AM
evga imo. At newegg they're running a special where you get a free sli mb with the purchase of the evga 7800gtx. I also think the evga is the fastest(or one of) card clocked stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130234

Sidric
09-11-05, 10:37 AM
:confused:

Well which is it? First I hear EVGA is the best, then the ASUS, then MSI, now back to EVGA again. I'm gonna be buying my card next week(final piece in my new machine btw) and I'm kinda bewildered as to which one I should go with. Money won't be an object(I'm limiting myself at $650)so I can probably get the best of the best and get away with it. Isn't it the EVGA with the fastest clockrate? But then the ASUS comes with the aftermarket cooler . . . and what's so special about the MSI(reading review as we speak)?

EDIT: NVM about the MSI. Won't be going SLI for awhile, heh. Also, is the KO edition of the EVGA card no longer being manufactured?

Tyr-Sog
09-11-05, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure how much difference is an any of them. I guess the OC ones are nice only because you're guarenteed to run at those specs and warrentied at those specs. Aside from that, are they all really that much different? I dunno except for maybe warrenties and software bundles they're all pretty much the same.

I'd just go for the evga because of the free decent sli MB and it stock clock speeds..

Sidric
09-11-05, 10:56 AM
okay, it looks like the XFX has the highest clockrate available(the EVGA KO doesn't look like its available), not a bad price (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321028) too. How is the XFX in regards to stability and such?

EDIT: Wait a second, it looks like the EVGA IS still available, but only from EVGA's website and this (http://www.softghost.com/P2N539AX.html) site. mmkay I think I'd probably be better off with with the XFX as it looks as if the KO edition of EVGA's card looks MIA. I don't feel like taking a leap of faith from an unknown website either. Any other suggestions?

Treguard
09-11-05, 11:18 AM
. . and what's so special about the MSI(reading review as we speak)?

http://www.overclockers.co.nz/ocnz/review.php?id=05vga007800gtx0roundup07800gtx00207

Sidric
09-11-05, 11:52 AM
Thanks, Treguard. I'm still goin with the XFX, and the price on zipzoomfly is a steal compared to newegg. Any and all input on this is appreciated. I buy the card next thursday(payday) so drop a line before then :D

wheeljack12
09-11-05, 12:20 PM
I took on two of the Overclocked xfx cards for two reasons. One, they have the fastest gpu clock out there (490mhz)and the second fastest mem clock (only asus has faster memory but by very little). Second, they offer a double lifetime warranty on a overclocked product. Most companies like EVGA offer a lifetime warranty for the 1st owner only. So, even if you have your friends reciept from the card you just bought, they can still say no warranty to the second owner. Doesn't mean it would happen, but no risk is better than some for at least me. Especially since I sell alot of my old hardware off every time I upgrade. XFX says if you are second owner and need an RMA, as long as you have a valid serial number, here is your new card.

toxikneedle
09-11-05, 12:26 PM
I took on two of the Overclocked xfx cards for two reasons. One, they have the fastest gpu clock out there (490mhz)and the second fastest mem clock (only asus has faster memory but by very little). Second, they offer a double lifetime warranty on a overclocked product. Most companies like EVGA offer a lifetime warranty for the 1st owner only. So, even if you have your friends reciept from the card you just bought, they can still say no warranty to the second owner. Doesn't mean it would happen, but no risk is better than some for at least me. Especially since I sell alot of my old hardware off every time I upgrade. XFX says if you are second owner and need an RMA, as long as you have a valid serial number, here is your new card.
Yeah I aggree, especially seeing most benchmarks on eVGA's KO cooling solution is only cooler by like 1C degree. Infact buying an XFX and a ACS3 kit would be cheaper than just buying 1 KO. But then again you can buy a regular eVGA for $30 cheaper than the XFX and probably OC it to 490/1300 anyways.

LabShark
09-12-05, 09:38 PM
XFX did the job for me....

garikfox
09-13-05, 12:56 AM
eVGA

549.00US 450Mhz
599.00US KO ver. 599.00US (or OCed ver.)

Lifetime Warrenty....