PDA

View Full Version : Sis Motherboard/asus geforce fx5200

infamous.arc
09-13-05, 05:39 AM
Hi guys

I hav a motherboard which is sis m180 series , ive tryed to install asus geforce fx 5200(128mb) graphics card , when its installed the screen goes black , do you think my motherboard does not support 128 mb graphic card ?

my spec

356 sdram
winxp
40 gig h /d
sis motherboard m810 series

many thanks
arc

saturnotaku
09-13-05, 08:11 AM
Do you have a specific brand/model of this board? Are you trying to install a PCI or AGP card?

wheeljack12
09-13-05, 12:13 PM
I have to ask how well your system has been running with other video cards? Because if no one has told you yet, SIS is not a very good choice of motherboard chipset. Curious, at what point is your screen going black? During the loading of the OS, during the use of windows or a application? You have to be a little more specific here because it could also be a bad video card needing a RMA here. Meaning the gpu or ram are defective.

infamous.arc
09-14-05, 08:22 AM
Hi all , i hope some can point me in the right direction on this post

I have a sis pcchips m810 motherboard with onboard graphics , ive tryed installing a geforce 2 mx4400, this card would not work , the screen in winxp was all fuzzy ,after 5 mins the screen went black , ive tryed another card geforce fx 5200 , same problem ,i tryed re-install of o/s winxp both times this did not work,also made sure the right drivers . ,also i disabled onboard graphics in the bios , (ther is no jumper on motherboard)
lastest bios installed dont know what else i can try to solve my problem

many
arc

ViN86
09-14-05, 09:14 AM
maybe you need GART drivers for the AGP slot?? thats all i can come up with for now

infamous.arc
09-14-05, 11:09 AM
maybe you need GART drivers for the AGP slot?? thats all i can come up with for now

thanks Vin will try that m8 cheers , if not do u suggest i get another mobo ?

Another vin the geforce fx5200 is 128 card u think the card is to big for the mobo ??

thanks m8

infamous.arc
09-15-05, 09:18 AM
I have to ask how well your system has been running with other video cards? Because if no one has told you yet, SIS is not a very good choice of motherboard chipset. Curious, at what point is your screen going black? During the loading of the OS, during the use of windows or a application? You have to be a little more specific here because it could also be a bad video card needing a RMA here. Meaning the gpu or ram are defective.

when the card is in the pc boots up then goes to black screen hope this helps yer , thanks

thanks for the reply , its been running ok , the reason why im installing the asus geforce fx 5200 so i can play cricket 2005 , but when i put the geforce in pc will not load or its go to black screen
i have winxp/40 Gig H/D/duron 1.10 ghz/368 sdram /
do u think that the card (asus geforce fx 5200) is too powerful for the mobo

infamous.arc
09-15-05, 03:17 PM
Do you have a specific brand/model of this board? Are you trying to install a PCI or AGP card?

not sure ,

jAkUp
09-15-05, 03:39 PM
Does it have onboard graphics? Make sure you remove the drivers, then disable it in the bios.

Also, install the gart drivers. You need those for SIS boards.

infamous.arc
09-16-05, 03:25 AM
Does it have onboard graphics? Make sure you remove the drivers, then disable it in the bios.

Also, install the gart drivers. You need those for SIS boards.

yes m8, it does onboard graphics , can the geforce fx5200 (128MB) be too strong for the sis board ?

thanks

spec
350watt / winxp/ 40GigHD/ 1.10ghz duron/ 370 sdram/