PDA

View Full Version : Detonator 42.01 feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mark_fox
12-27-02, 09:15 AM
Detonator 42.01 for Win2k/XP

dated 12/11/2002 (11th of December 2002).

generic, full multilanguage release

supporting all released nVidia cards to date.

DirectX9 compatible driver.

Downloads Here (http://www.warp2search.net/article.php?sid=9330&mode=&order=0)

And your comments here ;)

Svetty
12-27-02, 10:17 AM
Can't could get logged in to www.Warp2Search.net................

ihav0frnds
12-27-02, 10:20 AM
i got into warp2search and then it posts a link to http://www.xhw.dk/?menu=komm&kid=338 which USED to have the 42.01 but now there's a note on the site.
Update

The files are removed! Too much traffic!

so that sucks...if ne one got it before that mirror went down...please post...u can send to me too and i'll put it up on my ftp...thanks.

Mark_fox
12-27-02, 10:24 AM
Yes - warp2search and my main fast mirror are down because of too much traffic :(

so grab them from this mirror - http://www.pc-extreme.de/downloads/ - thank you guys ;)

ihav0frnds
12-27-02, 10:27 AM
the direct link for that is http://www.condition-zero-addons.org/pc-extreme/detonator/deto-win2k-xp_4201.zip so you can use a download accelerator prog w/ it ;)

digitalwanderer
12-27-02, 10:55 AM
http://www.surfnetinc.com/hayho/mad_tp_bigsmile.jpg

(Sorry for the shot-o-me-daughter, but it's getting harder and harder to come up with original ways to sing your praises! ;) )

felix_man
12-27-02, 11:05 AM
Wow these new drivers are great. I am getting a significant increase in speed in 3d and the Windows api. I also installed DX 9 at the same time so that may have something to do with it. Thanks for all the effort that goes into nvnews.net

EnormuS
12-27-02, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by felix_man
Wow these new drivers are great. I am getting a significant increase in speed in 3d and the Windows api. I also installed DX 9 at the same time so that may have something to do with it. Thanks for all the effort that goes into nvnews.net

I am just curious, felix_man. Which GeForce card do you own? I have a GeForce 3 and notice no performance increases.

Thanks,

-E

Chalnoth
12-27-02, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by felix_man

And the Windows API? nVidia's cards have always been very fast 2D accelerators. I really don't know how you can notice a speedup, unless there was something wrong with your setup.

Jethro
12-27-02, 12:52 PM
Driver install went great no issues, as high as 150hz refresh rate avail to.

So far BattleField 1942 with 8x anistropy + optimizations is silky smooth. Finally get to play with 8x anistropy and it doesnt crawl!

Floruro
12-27-02, 12:54 PM
I am really really happy with the performance of these drivers too. Definately big difference over the 41.80.
Happy deluxe for the weekend :D

volt
12-27-02, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

(Sorry for the shot-o-me-daughter, but it's getting harder and harder to come up with original ways to sing your praises! ;) )

Let's stick to the topic okay? Thanks :)

felix_man
12-27-02, 01:08 PM
EnormuS: I have a Geforce2MX 400 here at work. I have not updated my TI4600 at home yet. The major differance is that the laggy feel of the os is gone.

Jethro
12-27-02, 01:14 PM
Ogl is silky, level load times in both D3d and Ogl are faster. And windows 2d does feel right snappy to.

Chal if u dont think its possible who cares

Volt: heaven forbid s little humanity makes it into a forum lol.

Happy holidays all!!

Bandit
12-27-02, 01:18 PM
Doom 3 Alpha and Tenebrae doesn't work. :-(
At Was also ?

volt
12-27-02, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bandit
Doom 3 Alpha and Tenebrae doesn't work. :-(
At Was also ?

If I were you I would not even mention D3 Alpha here ;)

RM. Andersson
12-27-02, 02:55 PM
Everything works fine. No problems yet.

Regards!

Fusion
12-27-02, 03:04 PM
Any news of WinME drivers ?
As I prefer WinME for gaming over WinXP.

But one thing to add,

16.6 Mb ?!?!?

Are NVidia taking the p*ss ?

Why the hell can't they just post individual language drivers ?

soltys
12-27-02, 03:18 PM
75/85 hz cap problem is finally gone with this relase. So far they're great :)

rclenhardt
12-27-02, 03:19 PM
The file i downloaded from the ********* mirror was only 9mb!! the others have all the extra language files. no problems with the install. left back for work. kids trying out their games while i'm away. will let you know if any problems.

koslov
12-27-02, 04:19 PM
These new drivers fix the gun textures in BF, so that's good news. BF has no other bugs either.

Is it possible nVidia managed to disable D3A through drivers? iD might have requested this, it makes sense from their standpoint.

digitalwanderer
12-27-02, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by volt
Let's stick to the topic okay? Thanks :)

You MUST be new around here, it's me we're talking about! ;)

I lost about 250 onions, (for whatever that's worth), but the gaming is looking smoother to me so far. I still got a lot to throw at them, but they don't look at all bad so far. :D

Thanks again Mark!

Uttar
12-27-02, 04:49 PM

Hehe, good one. He's a moderator, and one of the most actives one, too :)
Okay, we know you're happy, but that's what the smileys are for ;)

Uttar

Kiriath
12-27-02, 05:54 PM
Im playing Shadowbane beta at the time, and that game cant even start with theese new drivers so back to 41.80

Mmm.

volt
12-27-02, 06:36 PM

I lost about 250 onions, (for whatever that's worth), but the gaming is looking smoother to me so far. I still got a lot to throw at them, but they don't look at all bad so far. :D

Thanks again Mark!

You call that picture/comment related to the drivers?
A simple happy face/note :) would do. No need to post family pictures :p