PDA

View Full Version : Co-operative multiplayer

zoolap
12-27-02, 12:53 PM
I've said this before, but I wish more games (especially FPS) could be played in multi-player co-op.

I was playing Soldier of Fortune 2 against a friend on lan yesterday and we were discussing this. I've heard Halo has it - NOLF2 has (but only limited levels from what i hear). I wonder if the co-op will make it to the pc version!

I wish there were more such games.

On another note - does anyone know if any decent bots are available for Soldier of Fortune 2.

Mojo
12-27-02, 05:47 PM
I'd be very suprised if when Halo comes to PC it doesnt have Coop....

cant think of many games that have it.... damn shame really...

Serious Sam 2 does... i think... splitscreen too which is funny for a pc game.

Unreal 2 has no multiplayer aspect, but its a dead cert that somebody will make a Coop mod for it :)

-Mojo

Interscope
12-29-02, 11:10 AM
Games that I play that have co-op are:
Starsiege Tribes
Tribes 2
C&C Renegade

However, only one of them has a linux port(Tribes 2) but the game itself isn't that great.

Tribes 1/2:
You have a base and you need to assault the enemy base and defend yours.

Renegade is about the same but there you have the C&C theme which is really fun. But it doesn't have a Linux port, which is a bad thing. Graphics quality is bad but the levels are huge and I think they still want to let the low-enders have fun. If you have Win9x dual booted then get this game.

I think I'll go whine at the westwood site about a linux port.

Mojo
12-29-02, 01:10 PM
I think Coop is like single player, but with multiple human players..... not just a game with both humans and bots in it. (like humans vs bots)

I dont think a UT lan game with a couple of humans and the rest bots really counts as Coop....

yep - Coop is for sure the most neglected gametype of them all (devs are too lazy to implement it) despite the fact that its often the most fun of them all....

-Mojo

netviper13
12-29-02, 03:46 PM
I know Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear has Coop; there definitely are a limited number of games with it though.

Rashman
12-29-02, 03:55 PM
Playing the full game of serious sam 2 on co op over a network is great fun!

Interscope
12-29-02, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mojo
I think Coop is like single player, but with multiple human players..... not just a game with both humans and bots in it. (like humans vs bots)

I dont think a UT lan game with a couple of humans and the rest bots really counts as Coop....

yep - Coop is for sure the most neglected gametype of them all (devs are too lazy to implement it) despite the fact that its often the most fun of them all....

-Mojo

Ah, ok.

Then i'd recommend Sven Co-op for Half-Life. It's really fun.

And speaking of Half-Life, my clan leader has a way that you can play Half-Life SP maps in Counter-Strike. Although this isn't co-op, it's close =) And Counter-Life, a single player version of counter-strike(nothing special, you play the normal HL SP with CS weapons) allows you to play co-op IIRC.

BTW, after posting my last message I realised that it was that co-op you were talking about.

zoolap
12-31-02, 09:50 AM
If anyone is doing a poll to get the developers to create more games with co-op let us know.

Mojo
12-31-02, 12:54 PM
If there isnt one already then we should start one.... :cool:
not that it would go anywhere :o

-Mojo