PDA

View Full Version : Build my new system

retsam
09-13-05, 09:57 PM
ok its that time of year for me, so i want to hear what people here have to say about the componenets they have bought in the past.
here is my requirments for a new system

20 or 21 in CRT 16x12 @ 85 hrz
dual core amd ( im using alot of vmware)
water cooling system
SLI (please include MB and cards )
2 gigs of memory.

six_storm
09-13-05, 10:33 PM
Well, from the research I've done, the ASUS A8N-SLI seems to be the Mobo with the least/no problems. Most other ones have some major issues so . . . That's about all I have.

oldsk00l
09-13-05, 10:45 PM
heheh

A64 X2 4400
2GB Ram
2 BFG 7800GT's in SLI
200GB SATA WD HD (putting the other on Raid 1 soon)
Koolance PC2-601 water cooled case

I got all my pics taken, and I'm doing an article on it, so I'll have those up soon.

This system currently dual boots OSX and Windows XP. Runs OSX better than my dual G5, albeit the video is....not optimal due to no drivers really. However in CPU ops it spanks the holy hell out of the G5 tower of mine.

Doom3, 2048x1280 130 fps, you ain't seen Doom3 till you seen it that way. Especially on a 30" monitor.........

retsam
09-13-05, 11:20 PM
2GB Ram what kind of ram is it ?

I got all my pics taken, and I'm doing an article on it, so I'll have those up soon. cool cant wait to read it !!!

his system currently dual boots OSX and Windows XP. Runs OSX better than my dual G5, albeit the video is....not optimal due to no drivers really. However in CPU ops it spanks the holy hell out of the G5 tower of mine. wow im really thingking of running osx when i get my new system just to give it a whirl....

what about your monitor ....what kind are you running ?

retsam
09-13-05, 11:21 PM
Well, from the research I've done, the ASUS A8N-SLI seems to be the Mobo with the least/no problems ya that was the one i am thinking of getting... but i wasnt 100% sure... is there anyword or a full 16x slie version in the works....