PDA

View Full Version : Stutter Bug Fix Found! Just need a new MB...

Pages : [1] 2

MidnightWatcher
09-14-05, 01:29 AM
I've concluded that there will never be a driver released to fix the nForce3/Geforce 6800 "Stutter Bug" (TM). What is a good, relatively inexpensive S754-based VIA KT800 motherboard? I've read some good things about the Asus K8V-X (KT800) and that it's in fact a little faster than the Asus K8V-SE Deluxe in some cases. Are there any AGP S754 KT800 Pro motherboards? All I want is something that has 5 PCI slots, doesn't need to have RAID. Thanks for you input!

MW

CaptNKILL
09-14-05, 01:41 AM
:lame:

Sex_packets
09-14-05, 02:10 AM
Yeah, check out the Abit kv8 pro.

Meusa
09-14-05, 06:58 AM
I changed my Asus K8N-E Deluxe over to the VIA equivelent, the Asus K8V-SE Deluxe and its worked perfectly. Fast writes works, the same oced settings for my CPU work, and there is no freezing. Im actually getting better performance with this board than the old one with pretty much the same settings. Go for the K8V!

Superfly
09-14-05, 08:27 AM
I have the ASUS A8V Deluxe and I like it lots :-)

omzig
09-14-05, 08:51 AM
I can add my voice to the recommendation on the asus K8V i replaced my Stuttering/pausing NF3 epox 8kda with it just under a week ago after months of tweaking testing/reading and an allround spoiled gameing experince and have had smooth gameplay/system ever snice,my only regret is that i didnt do it months ago

i got the same OC on my cpu as the epox 3000XP 10x220 stable no voltage mod(my memory craps out it i push it any higher)but managed to get my PNY 6800GT from stock upto 410/1100 with FW on!

As soon as R520 hits retail im gonna be going to 939/PCI-E then i can totally kiss goodbye to NV and there ****ty driver support there products will never grace any system i build for myself or others ever again and for the mods reading this as NV STILL have'nt released a fix for this issue i suggest this thread be stickyed as the resouce for the only proven fix for the nForce3/Geforce 6800 "Stutter Bug" (TM)

Gn00b
09-14-05, 01:02 PM
woops...disregard...missed the S754 requirement.

You might want to consider this motherboard...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157081

|MaguS|
09-14-05, 01:05 PM
Never had stuttering with my nForce3 board and 6800GT...

|MaguS|
09-14-05, 01:14 PM
I rarely ever have trouble with hardware... no clue... maybe I am lucky and don't get the defective hardware...

j0j081
09-15-05, 05:10 AM
:wonder: woo. you should have posted in the hardware forum and not had peoples hopes up for a fix.

fatal1ty
09-15-05, 10:23 AM
I rarely ever have trouble with hardware... no clue... maybe I am lucky and don't get the defective hardware...

Its not defective hardware. You have an Nforce4 and 7800 so you wouldnt have the issues someone with a nforce3 / stuttering / pausing issue would have. I never saw the pausing issue caused by FW, but my 6800 never ran smooth I had lots of stuttering with nf3 / 6800, but with X800XT PE I never had an issue.

superklye
09-15-05, 10:32 AM
It must be defective hardware. Defective on some level because I've never had a problem either. I've got an EPoX 9NDA3+ and an eVGA 6800GT.

|MaguS|
09-15-05, 10:37 AM
Its not defective hardware. You have an Nforce4 and 7800 so you wouldnt have the issues someone with a nforce3 / stuttering / pausing issue would have. I never saw the pausing issue caused by FW, but my 6800 never ran smooth I had lots of stuttering with nf3 / 6800, but with X800XT PE I never had an issue.

Try reading... I mentioned that I have owned in the past a 6800GT and an nforce 3 board.

fatal1ty
09-15-05, 10:50 AM
Well alot of people have had the issue, including myself. So it exists and it's not defective hardware that causes, something incompatible... maybe, I RMA'd 2 mobos for this and it was never fixed. However it worked fine on a K8T800 Pro...

|MaguS|
09-15-05, 10:57 AM
If hardware does not work as intended then its defective, sure its only "defective" when running on an nforce 3 board but its still not working as its intended. Unless they specify that the card and chipset are not compatible then its defective.

fatal1ty
09-15-05, 11:03 AM
If hardware does not work as intended then its defective, sure its only "defective" when running on an nforce 3 board but its still not working as its intended. Unless they specify that the card and chipset are not compatible then its defective.

Ok so when a 6800 GT works on a K8T800 and the same Nforce 3 motherboard works fine with an ATI video card, yet no one comes out and says there is any incompatibility when the 6800 GT and nforce3 get together, but there is....then what is the defect and what would YOU RMA first?

|MaguS|
09-15-05, 11:06 AM
We don't know whats defective... it could be an issue with the chipset or the GPU but since there are known issues with the combo with a large percentage of users then theres no denying that one of them is not working as intended.

If you want definite answers tackle an nvidia employee and force him to give you answers.

brady
09-15-05, 11:36 AM
Well alot of people have had the issue, including myself. So it exists and it's not defective hardware that causes, something incompatible... maybe, I RMA'd 2 mobos for this and it was never fixed. However it worked fine on a K8T800 Pro...

I also had the stutter/hitching/pausing issue with the K8N Neo2 and 6800 I use to have. I should point out that the issue is completely gone with my new setup... :thumbdwn:

(P.S. Read my sig)

nas82
09-15-05, 01:17 PM
We don't know whats defective... it could be an issue with the chipset or the GPU but since there are known issues with the combo with a large percentage of users then theres no denying that one of them is not working as intended.

If you want definite answers tackle an nvidia employee and force him to give you answers.

You're being really thick about this whole thing. Just because you never had the problem, does not mean it does not exist. Try reading the sticky about this issue and tell all of those guys how you know everything and why it's their fault.

I to never have a problem with hardware, but I will not come into a thread and start blasting other people who say they have a problem with the hardware I use and tell them it doesn't exist, just not smart.

Also, there are many theories right now why the nf3/6800 have a stutter, some say software, some say chipset, some say gpu, some say ram, some say heatsink, it can be anything.

|MaguS|
09-15-05, 01:23 PM
Man, go back to school and learn to read properly. Not once did I state that the issue doesn't exist, heck I even say that many people do suffer from the issue which indicates its a more serious issue then just a driver fix, most likly incompatiblity which since its undocumented incompatibility it could be considered defective in a way (not opperating in the manner its suppose to).

nas82
09-15-05, 01:53 PM
Never had stuttering with my nForce3 board and 6800GT...

I know you know what implied meaning is, correct? Since you never had an issue, this thread has nothing to do with you and you should of never responded with useless blabber which i'm sure everyone with this issue knows all about it.

CaptNKILL
09-15-05, 02:26 PM
I know you know what implied meaning is, correct? Since you never had an issue, this thread has nothing to do with you and you should of never responded with useless blabber which i'm sure everyone with this issue knows all about it.
No offense, but if the only people who can input in a thread about a problem are the people that have it, how is anyone ever going to determine the cause? I have an Epox 9NDA3J (nforce 3) board and I dont have it either.

I had it when I overclocked my video card with fastwrites enabled. Disabling fastwrites (or running at stock clocks) gave me no stuttering. Since fastwrites do practically nothing, I disabled them and its no longer an issue. I assume this whole nforce 3\6800 stuttering problem is different though since this is such a quick easy work around.

I understand it must be an extremely irritating problem, but if people can make useless threads that say "I found a fix!!" when they are really just trying to make a whitty comment about switching to VIA, dont complain when people who have no problems at all want to post their input. Its not like he was bragging and calling you n00bs.

rohit
09-15-05, 02:42 PM
1st of all congrats too all who lost the stuttering problem after making the change to VIA boards.
2ndly, ive read this on several sites/forums etc the reason nf3+68 series stutter, coz nf3 chipsets are superior to competition, and the force the GPU to run at 100% etc etc etc (cant remember more). i felt this was a myth.
i just need to ask you guyz (who made the transition), do you find difference in PERFORMANCE after making the transition?? has it deproed or improved??
as for k8v-x its a fabulous board (for people with low-budget) and do not want extra features. i wish they had something like A8V-X.

j0j081
09-15-05, 10:29 PM
2ndly, ive read this on several sites/forums etc the reason nf3+68 series stutter, coz nf3 chipsets are superior to competition, and the force the GPU to run at 100% etc etc etc (cant remember more). i felt this was a myth.
i just need to ask you guyz (who made the transition), do you find difference in PERFORMANCE after making the transition?? has it deproed or improved??
as for k8v-x its a fabulous board (for people with low-budget) and do not want extra features. i wish they had something like A8V-X.
that's an interesting theory.

uOpt
09-15-05, 10:45 PM
Both my Abit KV8-Pro and my Asus K8V-X are faster than my NF3 board was (Asus K8N-E deluxe), for basic performance in development (compilation etc). And pretty substancial, 5% with everybody on stock.

The I/O department of the NF3 250 GB is of course a killer, the NVidia GbE, in the rare occurances that the drivers worked flawlessly, wipes the floor with anything on the Via boards.