PDA

View Full Version : Cords, Cords And Some More Cords!!!

Toss3
09-16-05, 07:50 AM
Hello!

So I recently tried cleaning up and arranging all of the cords going to my computer... and I have to say that it's almost impossible to get any order!! There are 10cords at least for my surround system, 7 cords going to my computer + all the other ones going to my adsl-router and my Buffalo airstation and all of these freakin' cords are collecting so incredibly much dirt and dust that I have to clean 'em almost every day! I mean come on people, technology has gone forward so much the last ten-twenty years, so why do we still NEED cords and cables?? They have been around at least since the 60s and 70s!! Couldn't someone please come up with a computer that wouldn't need any cables.. ? PLEASE I want to get rid of this cable-hell of mine!!

|MaguS|
09-16-05, 08:19 AM
Just use quick ties and then use black electric tape to tie like direction cables neatly together.

Toss3
09-16-05, 08:27 AM
Just use quick ties and then use black electric tape to tie like direction cables neatly together.
I used 'em all right.. I've got no cables on the floor at least any more :-S But their still in what you could call a cluster of cables :rolleyes: that's because they don't all go the same way... I read somewhere that creative has an almost cordless surround system nowadays, that would already solve a lot of my problems!

CaptNKILL
09-16-05, 08:43 AM
I used 'em all right.. I've got no cables on the floor at least any more :-S But their still in what you could call a cluster of cables :rolleyes: that's because they don't all go the same way... I read somewhere that creative has an almost cordless surround system nowadays, that would already solve a lot of my problems!
Hmm... I dont imagine you get very high wattage from battery powered speakers. And thats why things are still wired... I dont think theres any sort of wireless power source(sounds a bit dangerous to me...?) thats ready for home use, and batteries are just way too expensive and dont hold enough charge for any electronics you use constantly.

So until we get nuclear powered speakers, wires are going to stay :( ;)

|MaguS|
09-16-05, 08:50 AM
I love my new wireless speakers. They sound awsome.

zoomy942
09-16-05, 09:18 AM
I love my new wireless speakers. They sound awsome.

huh?

|MaguS|
09-16-05, 09:41 AM
I upgraded my speakers and sold my old ones to my friend, my old ones were great but well... I needed a new set to go with the new TV! :D

Click (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3880831&cat=4477&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A133251%3A96890%3A77622%3A4477)

superklye
09-16-05, 10:17 AM
Wow...that looks like a really awesome system. And I know what you guys mean, I have cables everywhere. The back of my TV and behind my computer are nightmares of the highest degree. I just try not to look at or think about either anymore.

Strahd
09-16-05, 12:13 PM
I hate cords :( I have so many cords between all my PC's that I think there is a dust bunny colony that has moved in! I'm half afraid of getting attacked if I tried to clean it up, with my luck, they have a trained militia lol