PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G5, Now Available!

Pages : [1] 2 3

toxikneedle
09-17-05, 09:55 AM
Got an e-mail today from Logitech that the G5 and G7 are now available for purchase. I'm actually not sure if I should get one but I wanna see what newegg will sell em for:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

oldsk00l
09-17-05, 09:59 AM
that is a pretty nifty looking mouse....I'll want to demo it somewhere but I think it's going to be a hit.

jAkUp
09-17-05, 10:22 AM
Oh man! I want one...

I'm gonna wait for the Razer first, and see reviews on the Copperhead vs G5... vs Microsoft gaming mouse ;)

|MaguS|
09-17-05, 10:24 AM
Think Im the only one still happy with my MX510. :o

wheeljack12
09-17-05, 11:03 AM
btw, either logitech sold out of the G7 or it's not out yet! Still says notify me for it. Doesn't matter to myself as I would go after the g5, but still just for those interested in the wireless version.

Riptide
09-17-05, 11:37 AM
Think Im the only one still happy with my MX510. :oNo, you aren't. I have two and I don't intend to buy another mouse until one of these breaks.

jAkUp
09-17-05, 11:57 AM
Think Im the only one still happy with my MX510. :o

Hey I'm perfectly happy with my 518. But I would be more happy with a Copperhead ;) 2000 DPI's of pure lovin. :afro:

keith33
09-17-05, 12:14 PM
You can all burn in hell you Logitech freaks lol. Although I'm sure the G5 will be a great mouse, everything Logitech has just been way too heavy for me to game with, waiting day after day for that Copperhead. Till then, my Diamondback OWNS :)

For you guys that bought the G5, please post your initial impressions and if you can remove that weight cartridge completely to make it lighter.

Riptide
09-17-05, 01:14 PM
You can take the weight out of some of the MX510's. My red one had a weight in it. The blue one did not.

Smokey
09-17-05, 02:04 PM
Think I'll be buying the G7 next month, many sites here in France already selling them for around 90 incl. sales tax. I really like the idea of it coming with 2 battery packs :)

rohit
09-17-05, 03:53 PM
I love the G7 features. (1st ever wireless gaming mouse). but its drawbacks are its unattractive colors :(. my mx700 looks much better.
im waiting for a good combo. pro'lly a bettr looking G7.
I like the mx1000, but read its bad for gaming, and has ugly purple color.

P.S: does Li-ion battery used in thses (and mx1000) make them lighter than the mx700??

leca
09-18-05, 12:07 AM
:D oh these are going to be sweet, *waits for G15 and G5* :cool:

_Thanatos_
09-18-05, 03:58 AM
I had g5 in my hand for a couple of minutes. Nice mouse. You have small box inside mouse where you can change weight. But, my mx510 remains.

Amuro
09-18-05, 04:37 AM
Time to ditch the MX518 and get the G7.

emailthatguy
09-18-05, 06:34 AM
just ordered mine form buy.com

was gonna go w/ the copperhead but seems they are having a lot of issues w/ the ones they sold in asia already according to the tigga forums. after all the issues w/ the 3 boomslangs i had over the years, once i hear the words problems and razer in the same sentence ive learned to avoid like the plague.

Greg
09-18-05, 06:56 AM
...P.S: does Li-ion battery used in thses (and mx1000) make them lighter than the mx700??
I read a review the other day, Toms Hardware I think that said the G7 weighed 125g. My MX700 weights 175g, so this should be a great improvement. Weight was one of the few MX700 negatives. You never know, Logitech may have even listened to my plees for big feet. I've been harassing Logitech and MS for years about proper mouse feet. At least I'd like to think they listened, only ever got generic replies.

keith33
09-18-05, 07:40 AM
just ordered mine form buy.com

was gonna go w/ the copperhead but seems they are having a lot of issues w/ the ones they sold in asia already according to the tigga forums. after all the issues w/ the 3 boomslangs i had over the years, once i hear the words problems and razer in the same sentence ive learned to avoid like the plague.

Really? I didn't hear anything bad about the Copperhead, do you have a link or something, I was really looking forward to its release?? :(

emailthatguy
09-18-05, 01:51 PM
http://razer.tigga.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4198

they might do it this time, who knows just could be 4 guys and one batch of mice, but i was so burned by the last incarnation of razer i just cant take a chance w/ them. especially when i got the g5 for 55 and the copperhead is gonna run 70 (at least according to gogamer.com)

rohit
09-18-05, 05:34 PM
I've been harassing Logitech and MS for years about proper mouse feet
Oh really?
How?
I too wanna do that.. wanna harass them till they make a product suitable for me :P
I love the G7, but those colors are annoying... i wanna let em know about it. so plz temme how to tell them.

^^^
hey all you guyz buying the new G5, G7 etc. a small request.
Please post a mini review on the new product, comparing with the older one (you used). it would be appreciated (by me atleast)!!

jAkUp
09-18-05, 05:36 PM
I dunno what to get.. Copperhead or G5... dammit!!!

emailthatguy
09-18-05, 05:43 PM
seems pretty simple to me. both 2k dpi, one known for releasing mice w/ issues. one is going to be available at 70 bucks at the end of this month. one is available for 55 right now.

doesnt seem like any real decision to make for me.

Shocky
09-18-05, 05:50 PM
I bought a G5 last week and its nice, really wish the thumb button was a little lower but i'll get used to it.. it glides really well on my func pad with the excelent mouse feet. DPI cycle buttons are a nice touch and allows up to 5 settings to be stored.

I probably would have got the copperhead if it was available just because its USB2 but this is good enough. :p

jAkUp
09-18-05, 05:55 PM
Does the copperhead really transfer data at 480mbs?? Also, what mouse did you have before, and how does it compare to that one?

Shocky
09-18-05, 06:10 PM
Does the copperhead really transfer data at 480mbs?? Also, what mouse did you have before, and how does it compare to that one?

Dual Mouseman. Yes I know, its very old but still a good mouse, only upgraded as the rubber feet were all coming off which definitely shouldnt happen with this mouse... Only thing is with 2000DPI I'm having to put mouse sensitiveity in games to 0 or something like 0.5 and its still to sensitive. :p

jAkUp
09-18-05, 06:13 PM
hehehe I know what you mean.

My MX518 has a sensitivity adjuster up to 1600 DPI's.. I don't even use it because its way to sensitive... Sometimes I use it when playing BF2 though when I'm in the tank... so I can turn teh turret teh faster! ;)