PDA

View Full Version : Full Screen Video feature problem

bheam
09-18-05, 06:01 AM
Hey,

I got a nvidia card with vga + dvi. i'm using computer monitor for display #1 and a lcd projector as display #2. The full screen video feature is great, making whatever movie i'm playing be full screen on the projector.

However, there is a problem. The full screen resolution is changed on the projector, which makes the image look bad (Changes to 720x480 usually) Sometimes it even changes to a mode that my projector doesn't support, and i'm left without video. (Seems video mode depends on resolution of the video file) I'm usually running the projector at 1280x720 which is the native resolution. Is there any way to force what resolution is used for full screen video? Or disabling mode switch?

My first post btw, hope it's the right forum and someone can help :) TIA

Michael

fcipollini
04-21-06, 09:53 AM
I have a similar problem:

on my 6600GT I'm using a Sony 17'' CRT on VGA as primary display and a Samsung 19'' 16:10 1440x900 LCD on DVI as secondary display.
I use the 19'' LCD as Full Screen Video and I have problems with 1080 HDTV videos.
The resolution switch to 1280x1024 and the video is stretched horizontally with incorrect aspect ratio.
I don't have the problem with other resolutions:
720p HDTV is played fine on native 1440x900 streched to full screen with correct aspect ratio.
Same for 4:3 PAL or NTSC videos: no problems.

If I open the application on the 1440x900 monitor and then I switch to full screen (through double-click) the 1080 video is played correctly without changing resolution from 1440x900.

So I would like to know if there's a way to force the full screen video resolution, or at least don't change it.

Hope someone can help us.

Thank you

Francesco