PDA

View Full Version : NEW Mobo Again

CHEVYMAN_02
09-19-05, 08:30 AM
Well i RMA'ed the new mobo that i got not to long because i thought that i fried it and got new on friday and put together this morning about 2:00AM and was very careful not to fry it again. But after if was all said and done it still does not power and it p**sing me off and i think it might the graphic card. But i don't know. could somebody help please.

Riptide
09-19-05, 09:11 AM
Isn't this fun? It can't ever "just work" can it? :rolleyes:

Anyhow does it produce any beep codes? Do the fans spin up?

CHEVYMAN_02
09-19-05, 12:00 PM
well i got it to power on but now what is does is it goes to load into windows and i get the blue that something is wrong and then it restarts. It never loads into windows all.

Riptide
09-19-05, 12:07 PM
OK, so it at least makes it through POST then. What did you do to fix that?

In my experience, machines that blue screen during Windows setup usually have a memory issue. Either a misconfiguration (voltage, timings) or a bad DIMM. I strongly encourage you to check your BIOS settings and if it looks good try checking for bad RAM. Run memtest86+ and see what happens if you can't find anything wrong in the BIOS. Also, an incompatibility is also a possibility though I would suspect that last.

CHEVYMAN_02
09-19-05, 05:51 PM
I hooked up the case connectors wrong on the motherboard. I guess i will have to buy a stick of memory because i think the first i try on the other mobo i had i messed up one of the pins on trying put it in

Starscream
09-19-05, 07:18 PM
Are you trying to use your existing windows load from an old computer with a different motherboard?

If so I'm not suprised if it's bluescreening on startup. The only time this ever works if you stick to the same types of chipsets, ie go to via from via or sis to sis. Even then it doesn't always work if the chipsets are radically different.

If you're trying to do a fresh load and it's blue screening during the load as Riptide said it's likely memory.

CHEVYMAN_02
09-20-05, 06:05 PM
No i am going from VIA to Nforce 4. I will reformat and reinstall windows.

CHEVYMAN_02
09-21-05, 10:25 AM
Well i reformat and reinstalled Win Xp. And my computer is working now. Appreciate the help.