PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor Pacific Assault 1.2 Patch Released

johnkeel105
09-19-05, 04:25 PM
Alright after roughly 10 months of not hearing any word and assumeing EA Games is the most evil gaming company ever. They show a slight care for the Medal of Honor Community even after 10 months of waiting. The new patch has been released and you can get it here. Hopefully this will fix many of the games major problems. Although I don't see those extra 80 copies of Pacific Assault selling out at my local Walmart. LOL

http://www.eagames.com/official/moh/pacassault/us/downloads.jsp

msxyz
09-19-05, 04:42 PM
Wow... just wow -_-

Overall, it was not a bad game. The single player campaign, I mean. There were a few situations that looked grotesque in a WW2 shooter (Like the mission where the player is requested to pilot the Avenger or the Pearl's Arbour attack where I had to down the whole Nihon Kaigun raiding force by myself).

EA is not the only company with an horrible support. Kotor2 users are still waiting after 5 months for a patch that will fix performance issues, not to mention the promised "hi quality content" patch that should adress the fact that Kotor2 PC had the whole soundtrack inexplicably recorded at 22KHz mono (!). Thanks, Lucas Arts. Or what about Activision and the Vampire: Bloodlines fiasco ? Instead of funding a patch that resolves the memory allocation issues, their technical support advise to "have at least 1500 megabytes of swap file". Geee, thanks.

SH64
09-19-05, 04:53 PM
Cool! finally FSAA support!

BioHazZarD
09-19-05, 06:11 PM
but COD is ten times better.

LiquidX
09-19-05, 06:18 PM
I really enjoyed the sp but mp left a bad taste in my mouth. However better late than never but at the same time so many left the multiplayer due to no support it may be hard getting them back.

Banko
09-19-05, 06:57 PM
Wow... just wow -_-

Overall, it was not a bad game. The single player campaign, I mean. There were a few situations that looked grotesque in a WW2 shooter (Like the mission where the player is requested to pilot the Avenger or the Pearl's Arbour attack where I had to down the whole Nihon Kaigun raiding force by myself).

EA is not the only company with an horrible support. Kotor2 users are still waiting after 5 months for a patch that will fix performance issues, not to mention the promised "hi quality content" patch that should adress the fact that Kotor2 PC had the whole soundtrack inexplicably recorded at 22KHz mono (!). Thanks, Lucas Arts. Or what about Activision and the Vampire: Bloodlines fiasco ? Instead of funding a patch that resolves the memory allocation issues, their technical support advise to "have at least 1500 megabytes of swap file". Geee, thanks.
Meh it's all the publishers faults. KOTOR2 Lucas Arts sucks, and won't allow Obsidian to do anything, and because of Activision Troika went out of business so no patch there.

agentkay
09-19-05, 07:43 PM
Devoted members of the Vampire Bloodlines community (incl. former Troika people) have actually released 6 unofficial patches, incl. v1.7 like two weeks ago. I have most respect for devs or communities who stand by their games and keep on polishing them, even if the publishers donīt do it (mainly due to profits I guess). Unofficial patches are better than no patches.

Sazar
09-19-05, 09:21 PM
PA was the worst of the lot in terms of how it held my attention.

The squad-based thing was flippin retarded at times :(

Otoh the visuals, guns and a lot of the AI and scripted situations were pretty decent.

I still love AA and Spearhead best. Breakthrouh was not bad either.

And yes, the flying mission was the single most retarded thing I have ever experienced. Flying a plane with a mouse in that manner just sucked.

stncttr908
09-20-05, 01:10 AM
This game had some of the most intense moments I've ever experienced in a game. While AA and its expansions were better, it was better than a lot of the newer console titles by far.

macatak
09-20-05, 02:09 AM
hmmm...reinstalled the game, installed the 1.2 patch, defraged and still get choppy/jerky playback when i pan around during the lectures from Sarge at Boot camp, tried all different settings...8x6, 7x10, v-sync off etc :thumbdwn:

rudedog
09-20-05, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry to say that this is the last patch for MOHPA. EA has disbanded the remaining team member working on this project.

If this patch does not fix an issue then forget about it, it will never be fixed unless the community comes to the rescue and even then I don't think that is going to happen.

johnkeel105
09-20-05, 04:07 PM
Well for those who have tried it how is the new patch in your openion?