PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Armored Core 4 and Warhawk trailers

AthlonXP1800
09-19-05, 07:30 PM
These 2 trailers showed at Tokyo Game Show, Armored Core 4 looked much better compared to the same one last time but are in very low quality footage. You has to see Warhawk trailer and all I can say is WOW! :eek: It has real time realistic water, it got hundreds of fighters planes, it running blazing fast, no slowdown. Xbox 360 are not capable to do this kind of thing.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000907059416/

|MaguS|
09-19-05, 09:44 PM
Loved the bits of gameplay footage thrown in the trailer. :D

One thing I dislike is that the article compared warhawk to MS Crimson Skies which released after the original Warhawk...

Sucks that AC4 was basically the same footage we have seen before.

Edge
09-19-05, 10:29 PM
Warhawk footage was nice, although I was hoping to see a lot more fighters on-screen (what happened to the hundreds they showed in the E3 trailer?). I loved the gameplay from the first one, I'm glad they're finally bringing the franchise back. They better not pull a Star Fox/Rogue Squadren and throw on-foot missions into the game, though...

Xbox 360 are not capable to do this kind of thing.
Great, just what we need: MORE people with their console E-penises sticking out. As if Slick wasn't bad enough...

|MaguS|
09-19-05, 10:44 PM
Theres rumors that thier will be some FPS action in the game (at E3 they showed acouple soldiers in a cave). As for the amount of fighters, there were hundreds... Just seems that theres no AI in the gameplay yet so they are just following eachother in a chain...

Edge
09-19-05, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I heard that speculation too, which is why I'm a bit worried about it. The LAST thing I want to do is play a game that's supposed to be a flight combat game OUTSIDE OF A PLANE! There really didn't seem like hundreds of fighers in this trailer though...maybe 6 or 7 dozen, but not many more. The most fighers I saw in a single scene was from this part, I didn't count them but it just doesn't seem like there's that big of a swarm of them compared to the E3 trailer:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13422&stc=1

But, the original is still one of the best combat flight shooters out there, and it only put about 7 or 8 fighters on the screen at once, so it won't exactly by totally devastated if you "only" fight several dozen at once :)

Toss3
09-20-05, 12:30 PM
Warhawk truly looks amazing :eek: They didn't show the splash when the aeroplane hit the water, that could have been cool :cool: But the water looks beautiful and it looks very fun! The PS3 is just too far away :(