PDA

View Full Version : X-Fi which ones best?

hetzer
09-19-05, 08:16 PM
As far as I can see the only real difference between the X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS (silly d_ _n name!) and the X-Fi Platinum is 64Mb of ram (and the price)!! Sorry X-Ram whatever that is! Special, expensive, music & game loving, extra slow RAM probably!!

Or if it really IS X-RAM .... What is it now that it has given up being RAM!!!?
:rolleyes:
Anyway I digress! I want to know will the inclusion of 64Mb of onboard RAM mean anything to gamers or is it only of use for soundfonts and music making? Will the onboard memory enhance gaming and music / video playback?

Nutty
09-19-05, 08:21 PM
None, they're all crap.
You're better off spending the equivelent money on a different soundcard and some better speakers.

Amuro
09-19-05, 08:27 PM
Creative claims that the onboard RAM could give you extra performance boost up to 20% over the regular X-fi cards. It's only for gaming though. However, so far only UT2004 X-Fi Edition actually takes advantage of the X-RAM, but it hasn't been released yet.

SH64
09-19-05, 08:28 PM
The Fatal1ty FPS one IMO.

Amuro
09-19-05, 08:35 PM
I want the Fatal1ty FPS PCI card, but don't want the I/O drive and remote Control.

SH64
09-19-05, 08:40 PM
I want the Fatal1ty FPS PCI card, but don't want the I/O drive and remote Control.

I dont need them either .. i just want it for the 64Mb :mad:
talk about retard model organizing .. like the gamer really needs a remote & I/O drive to play :rolleyes:

OWA
09-19-05, 09:29 PM
I dont need them either .. i just want it for the 64Mb :mad:
talk about retard model organizing .. like the gamer really needs a remote & I/O drive to play :rolleyes:
The card will still function properly and stuff without the I/O drive right? I don't want that either but I'm planning on getting the fatal1ty for the memory also.

Amuro
09-19-05, 10:10 PM
The card will still function properly and stuff without the I/O drive right? I don't want that either but I'm planning on getting the fatal1ty for the memory also.

Yeah, it will still function properly. But they should've included a plain vanilla X-fi card with X-RAM in the lineup, just like the XtremeMusic is the same card as the Platinum but minus the I/O drive and remote.

toxikneedle
09-19-05, 10:18 PM
I can't believe you guys are complaining about the IO drive and remote.... I'd love to get the Fatal1ty but I don't want to spend 270$ on a sound card. This is a ridiculous price for a sound card.... I wouldn't pay more than 150 for a sound card as a gamer.

I'm waiting for the prices to drop for it.... I hope they will release somekind of a OEM version of it so I don't get the stupid IO and remote and get it for cheaper.

Roliath
09-19-05, 10:19 PM
where are these cards for sell at?

OWA
09-19-05, 10:31 PM
Best Buy has the music version (the lowest-end model). The rest should be available soon.

jAkUp
09-19-05, 11:22 PM
Yea I'm waiting for the fatal1ty also. Taking too damn long! :) Not to mention they still don't support x64!! I'm willing to go x32 until they get the drivers out though.

Rakeesh
09-20-05, 02:18 AM
None, they're all crap.
You're better off spending the equivelent money on a different soundcard and some better speakers.

QFT

Delbert
09-20-05, 09:16 AM
Apparently in stock in UK.... http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/creative_soundcards.html#asc_2d034_2dcl
For those who can afford it... :(

superklye
09-20-05, 09:27 AM
I want the Elite Pro. It's got everything the other cards have all in one, plus inputs for guitar and it comes with the professional software Cuebase for editing tracks and such. Sure, it's $350, but I think it's worth it.

Maybe I'm alone in that thought, but whatever. I want it and I'm (hopefully) going to get it.