PDA

View Full Version : Big Question about OCZ memory and Compatibility with Asus A8N SLI Deluxe

overheat
09-19-05, 10:26 PM
My friend is building a new pc

with 2 stick of 1gig ocz gold ddr400

is the ram compatible with the board

by the way are the athlon X2 compatible with the deluxe?

toxikneedle
09-19-05, 11:19 PM
Yeah the ram is compatible.... I don't see why it wouldn't be..

As far as X2, it depends on what BIOS version it's running, but worst case scenario will be that he'll need to update the BIOS, which isn't a big deal. Either way it'll boot up so don't worry.

Amuro
09-19-05, 11:30 PM
Just make sure you flash the BIOS before you install the X2 processor. If it's a new board you have to install a single core cpu first just so you can flash the BIOS, or take it to the ASUS maintanence center and have them do it for you.

TierMann
09-19-05, 11:52 PM
Just make sure you flash the BIOS before you install the X2 processor. If it's a new board you have to install a single core cpu first just so you can flash the BIOS, or take it to the ASUS maintanence center and have them do it for you.

It will boot and only show as single core. You can still flash and even install an OS that way. A8N-SLI Deluxe got support for dual cores in 1010-1013 bioses, so the latest should do ya. Check out http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx for more detailed info on which cpu is supported in which bios.

Amuro
09-20-05, 02:03 AM
I wouldn't know. I bought the SLI Premium board.

Dazz
09-20-05, 09:53 AM
SLI Premium supports it from shipping. But i would recommend the 1008 BIOS. Flashing is so easy anyone can do it i use ASUS Windows ASUS update it has never failed and i have used the program to flash my BIOS dozens of times with lots of diffrent ASUS boards.