View Full Version : Please help
09-20-05, 03:35 AM
I just got a new 6600 today because for some reason my x700 stopped working. I have updated the drivers and am getting distorted pictures while playing any game.
Athlon xp 2000
1.5 GB ram
350W power supply
not sure of mobo
here are some screenshots
any help would be appreciated
09-20-05, 04:28 AM
hard to see in the screenshots, but the games are impossible to play
Since you are going from ATI to Nvidia you should probably download and run Regcleaner before reinstalling the drivers again.
09-20-05, 12:28 PM
thanks for the help...I tried the Regcleaner, but did not change anything :(
You mean Driver Cleaner , right ?
09-20-05, 01:25 PM
i have actually used both
A few things to look at...
1) Power supply... Amperage of the +12v rail is what? (Look on the power supply sticker.)
2) Motherboard GART driver for the AGP bus. Going from one card to another may cause problems. *Uninstall* and reinstall the GART driver.
3) Video card driver revision issues? If your installation CD came with a driver revision less than 69.03 update them to at least that.
4) Poor ventilation in your case?
5) Potential defective card, contact manufacturer for further troubleshooting. Tell them you already ruled out the above when you call.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.