View Full Version : 'Battlefield 2: Special Forces' Weapons & Vehicles

SH64
09-20-05, 11:59 AM
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=28400&mode=thread&order=0

Cant wait for the Apache & the BMP!!
the ATV too looks cool for quick kills :D

Mudcrutch
09-20-05, 04:25 PM
well maybe in this expansion the anti-tank kit will actually DO SOMETHING... the power in the current bf needs to be bumped up.

retsam
09-20-05, 04:28 PM
wow that forklift looks really exciting...in an A-team kind of way :D

CaptNKILL
09-20-05, 05:12 PM
well maybe in this expansion the anti-tank kit will actually DO SOMETHING... the power in the current bf needs to be bumped up.
I dont know... I have no problem destroying pretty much any armor\vehicle I see as long as I have sufficient cover. You have to remember that the game is about squad combat, not one guy pwning tanks with one hit. Theres a HUGE advantage to having 2 anti-tank guys in a squad... no tank stands a chance unless they are REALLY good (or the anti-tank guys really suck :p).

The one class that totaly blows is the support class... take a look at some people's stats and you'll see. Terrible kill\death ratios with the light MGs, horrible accuracy %... they really need to be a tad more accurate. They are practically worthless in almost any situation. All of the other classes are great though in my opinion. The engineer is a bit iffy because the shotgun damage is VERY random (some times a direct shot will kill but other times 3 direct shots wont) but I guess they arent too bad.

These are more patch related fixes though, not really expansion stuff...

Oh, and has anyone else noticed random innacuracy with the grenade launchers? Like some times Ill point and shoot and itl fire waaay off... I mean not even remotely close to my crosshair. Its totaly inconsistant so it doesnt seem like a penalty for shooting when moving. Its really irritating though.

SH64
09-20-05, 05:15 PM
Agreed with Capt on most points though i have no problem aiming with the grenade lanucher. i think its accurate but it might just be the difference between each army ?

CaptNKILL
09-20-05, 05:41 PM
Agreed with Capt on most points though i have no problem aiming with the grenade lanucher. i think its accurate but it might just be the difference between each army ?
Im not sure, its super accurate most of the time, but just randomly some times it just fires wayy too low, wayy too high or wayy to a side. Its like what youd expect to happen if you tried to shoot while jumping but it happens when im just walking or standing still. Its not consistant (ie, doesnt always do it when im walking\running, or even when I jump) so it seems like a bug.

zampe
09-21-05, 04:02 AM
Some new screens for your viewing pleasure
---->BF2: SF more views from IGN (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/759/759744/imgs_1.html)

Fire and smoke everywhere!!!

muaddib
09-21-05, 08:20 AM
This looks so good.. Can't wait!!!

sonaboy
09-21-05, 10:48 AM
You have to remember that the game is about squad combat, not one guy pwning tanks with one hit.

The one class that totaly blows is the support class... take a look at some people's stats and you'll see. Terrible kill\death ratios with the light MGs, horrible accuracy %... they really need to be a tad more accurate. They are practically worthless in almost any situation. All of the other classes are great though in my opinion. The engineer is a bit iffy because the shotgun damage is VERY random (some times a direct shot will kill but other times 3 direct shots wont) but I guess they arent too bad.

agreed on the tank balance - i've also noticed that WHERE you hit a tank has a lot of effect. Go for the crease between the turret and the body. Same for when you're fighting tank to tank.

the support guys shine in closer combat/marauding, i've found. support is also the only ground troop that can effectively bring down a copter on his own.
ever tried that? it takes about 1 1/2 clips, if the copter has no damage.

sonaboy
09-21-05, 11:03 AM
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=28400&mode=thread&order=0

Cant wait for the Apache & the BMP!!
the ATV too looks cool for quick kills :D

you are friggin KIDDING ME - a crossbow?? a jetski???

hahahahahahah

think you can get it to tabletop if you hit a submerged APC in water?
:D :D :D

Roliath
09-21-05, 02:52 PM
When is patch 1.3 coming out?
And is there a release date for the expansion yet?
This looks badass (http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/652/652440/battlefield-2-special-forces-20050920050505285.jpg)

jAkUp
09-21-05, 03:28 PM
A jetski??!! WTF A FORKLIFT??!! Double WTF

Tygerwoody
09-21-05, 03:55 PM
sweet. It will make me feel like I'm in the movies

*jumps on jetski*
*pulls out his SAW*
*PWNS EVERYTHING IN SIGHT WHILE HAVING TIME TO IMPRESS THE LADIES WITH HIS 360s ON THE JETSKI*

$n][pErMan
09-21-05, 08:08 PM
screw the expansion .. I want 1.3 patch!

wnd
09-22-05, 10:02 AM
When is patch 1.3 coming out?

Probably "when it's ready" (read: when those guys have finished those rip-off subprojects such as the expansion pack). I wouldn't hold my breath -- releasing the patch won't bring them more money.

Besides, once you have missed the deadline once, nobody expects you to keep up with the next one. Just take a look at M$ Longhorn, or good old DNF for that matter.

CaptNKILL
09-22-05, 10:19 AM
THERES AN ATV TOO!!! WTF!?!?! :p

vampireuk
09-22-05, 10:24 AM
The crossbow seems rather pointless, and the support class does kind of suck. I must have been no more than 100 feet away overlooking a group of enemies at one point and didn't kill a single one of them in prone position the guns are just so inaccurate.

Tygerwoody
09-22-05, 10:46 AM
The crossbow seems rather pointless, and the support class does kind of suck. I must have been no more than 100 feet away overlooking a group of enemies at one point and didn't kill a single one of them in prone position the guns are just so inaccurate.
I use support class as my main... I seem to do ok.... i normally get 1st - 4th place out of everyone..... But, if i'm an assault class I normally only get 1st.... I dont think support is that bad.

vampireuk
09-22-05, 10:48 AM
I find most of the points I got for playing support was just dishing out ammo, suppresing fire with the MG really doesn't do much good in this game.

Tygerwoody
09-22-05, 11:21 AM
I find most of the points I got for playing support was just dishing out ammo, suppresing fire with the MG really doesn't do much good in this game.
I don't normally dish out much ammo.... I usually forget. If someone says they need ammo I throw it... other than that I usually just have high kills. I have the upgrade gun for support btw. It might not be accurate but it is STRONG.

CaptNKILL
09-22-05, 11:30 AM
Yeah, if medics, snipers, assault and special ops guys (not to mention anti-armor) have weapons that are extremely effective at long, its kind of hard to do anything with such an innacurate gun. They dont work very well for close\medium range either because they fire all over the place. And you cant lay down and cover an alley\hallway because anyone would just toss grenades at you or they could just dive and shoot you twice in the face while youre firing all around them.

If they bumped up the full auto accuracy on the LMGs they would be a lot better.

EDIT: Just had an idea... how about 2 fire modes? One would be a high rate of fire with less accuracy (like it is now) and the other would be slower (more like the heavy MGs on vehicles) and a lot more accurate. Thatd work for me...

vampireuk
09-22-05, 11:43 AM
Also by the time you get to prone to lay down some fire the enemy is already jumping around in circles shooting at you :rolleyes:

J-Mag
09-22-05, 12:13 PM
The support class is decent in Strike At Karkaland for kills, but most other maps it is relegated to just that supporting other toops.

Most support people don't displace often enough so they get waxed after tons of people hear and see their gun firing...

sonaboy
09-22-05, 12:31 PM

i think most people here aren't doing so well with Support class because they're trying to treat it as a type of assault class.
Support can supply two types of cover (smoke and bullets) and should concentrate their fire on larger targets such as trucks, humvees, and copters.

i usually do pretty well with the MG when using 4 or 5 bullet bursts on targets from 10 to 60 meters away.

it's definitely not my favorite, but when paired with a squad of spec ops or tank busters, it can be very successful. especially smoke cover for tank busters.

vampireuk
09-23-05, 03:41 AM
The gun used by the support class is used for heavy fire and supressive fire onto positions, it is useless at that job.