PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 2 demo coming tomorrow !!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
09-20-05, 01:06 PM
w007 w007!!
http://www.worthplaying.com/print.php?sid=28405
Earlier this week rumors went wild that 2K Games informed us that the eagerly anticipated Serious Sam 2 demo will be released tomorrow morning at 10AM EDT (7am PST). The single/multiplayer demo will feature the complete Seriousopolis Uptown level, playable over LAN and co-op with up to four people, all weapons included and will also have one of the vehicles. Of course we will have the demo available on our fileserver network at the aforementioned time.
too bad all weapons will be included in the demo though :(

|MaguS|
09-20-05, 01:18 PM
Why is that bad? I rather have a complete demo then a crippled one.

six_storm
09-20-05, 01:19 PM
Sweet! I'll have my new rig to play it on too hehe. :D

SH64
09-20-05, 01:20 PM
Why is that bad? I rather have a complete demo then a crippled one.

Well i liked to just have some taste of the weapons not all of them at once .. i guess thats just me then :o

msxyz
09-20-05, 02:07 PM
Mid-afternoon for the European countries... good to know :)

jolle
09-20-05, 02:18 PM
Well i liked to just have some taste of the weapons not all of them at once .. i guess thats just me then :o
Well, you still could, it will just need a whole lot of selfrestraint hehe..

Slyder
09-20-05, 02:26 PM
I knew I should of taken a day of work tommorow. :mad:

"ring ring..... hi its only me, i wont be in today because.... (insert bs here) :D

zoomy942
09-20-05, 02:29 PM
Sweet! I'll have my new rig to play it on too hehe. :D

sweet!!!

and by the way, you should make the "S.S 2.0" in your sig a hyperlink to your blog:)

gmontem
09-20-05, 02:45 PM
The Seriously! site adds that the demo will be ~250MB and you will have to cheat to see all of the weapons.

Tygerwoody
09-20-05, 03:24 PM
sweet :)

jAkUp
09-20-05, 03:30 PM
Cool... Hopefully its better than what I saw at e3...

SH64
09-20-05, 03:35 PM
The Seriously! site adds that the demo will be ~250MB and you will have to cheat to see all of the weapons.

Great the file is not too large.
& i'll not cheat :nono: .. unless ..uh.. i needed it :angel:

ralinn
09-20-05, 03:47 PM
YAY!

Nothing like getting home from work and blowing **** up :D

BioHazZarD
09-20-05, 04:02 PM
Are you serious :D

zoomy942
09-20-05, 04:06 PM
this will get me by till my Xmen game comes in the mail:):):)

Tygerwoody
09-20-05, 04:29 PM
Cool... Hopefully its better than what I saw at e3...
what did u see at e3 that was so bad?

acrh2
09-20-05, 04:44 PM
I think jAkUp is onto something here.
Does anyone still think that this game is going to look and play good? It seems like it would have been nice if it'd have come out last year, but now, the graphics begin to look a little dated. Does anyone have any good info on new features in this game?

jAkUp
09-20-05, 04:50 PM
At e3 the graphics were very terrible. And by terrible, I mean horrible. I'm hoping that it was just the machine, or the settings that it was on at e3. But we will see :)

SH64
09-20-05, 05:27 PM
IIRC SS2 will use HDR. that alone is enough reason for me to hold my breath for it.
i wont base my expectations on what Jackup saw at E3 .. because the screenshots i saw sometime ago looked pretty good. with all respect to jackup & his opinion of course :)

I think jAkUp is onto something here.
Does anyone still think that this game is going to look and play good? It seems like it would have been nice if it'd have come out last year, but now, the graphics begin to look a little dated. Does anyone have any good info on new features in this game?
& heres something for those who are concerned about it.
http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/dean/

When Serious Sam was first announced it sported large open environments, many enemies onscreen, incredibly rich visuals and highly advanced rendering features. Now that FarCry, DOOM 3 and Half-life 2, the big names where graphics are concerned, have shipped can you tell us Serious Sam 2's renderer highlights?

Mainly, we focused on optimizing the shader usage, so even with that many enemies on screen at once, our Serious Engine 2 can pull all the advance shader effects like normal-map bump-mapping, Parallax (offset) mapping, refractions and such. Not to mention our Terrain shader which can blend up to 8 textures in one pass (and make even the latest GPUs sweat).

And when you have all that open and bright environments like Sam has, next logical step would be true HDR, right? Along with a nifty bloom post-processing effect over it, of course.

OWA
09-20-05, 06:18 PM
IIRC SS2 will use HDR. that alone is enough reason for me to hold my breath for it.
i wont base my expectations on what Jackup saw at E3 .. because the screenshots i saw sometime ago looked pretty good. with all respect to jackup & his opinion of course :)

& heres something for those who are concerned about it.
http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/dean/
Sounds pretty good. I'm sure I'll give the demo a whirl. I'm hopefully taking off from work tomorrow to wait on memory (2 gig of OCZ) being delivered. That'll give me something to do while waiting. :)

russ_3d
09-20-05, 06:21 PM
at uni me and a mate used to play the original on lan and it was great - will this one have internet co-op play? i have a m8 in another country that i would like to frag with - or was there a way of faking it so it thinks we are on a lan? if so, how?

SH64
09-20-05, 06:29 PM
at uni me and a mate used to play the original on lan and it was great - will this one have internet co-op play? i have a m8 in another country that i would like to frag with - or was there a way of faking it so it thinks we are on a lan? if so, how?
Yes the demo will feature co-op & LAN.
The single/multiplayer demo will feature the complete Seriousopolis Uptown level, playable over LAN and co-op with up to four people,

Sounds pretty good. I'm sure I'll give the demo a whirl. I'm hopefully taking off from work tomorrow to wait on memory (2 gig of OCZ) being delivered. That'll give me something to do while waiting. :)

Congrats in advance for the 2gigs :D .. if the demo is to take advantage of them then the effect is going to be instant ;)

CaptNKILL
09-20-05, 06:46 PM
Man, how come ONLY serious sam games can do COOP? Its kind of rediculous... all of their games have it, but not a single other PC game (that I can think of) has CO-OP support. Not counting the first 2 battlefield games... thats multiplayer with bots ;)

zoomy942
09-20-05, 07:21 PM
i am ALL about coop modes. i am SOOO burnt out on deathmatch and the 14,967,456 different variations of it. i love playing single player missions with buds and a lan party.. like serious sam, swat 4 and ... well, thats about it

russ_3d
09-20-05, 09:18 PM
i always wanted a mechwarrior type with someone controlling the movement and another mate on the weapons. funny co-op. - hmm seems a bit battlefield-y and ive taken off-topic, ooops.