PDA

View Full Version : Got my DFI SLI-DR today!

Roliath
09-20-05, 08:06 PM
And man what a package!
I've never seen a mobo box so big before! This thing is pack with stuff! The bundle is crazy! The FrontX thing is a very nice addition. I just wish it came with more useful stuff, anyone know where I can buy more "add ons"?

Well that is all.

Thanks jAkUp, for the recommendation on this mobo.

BugginOuT
09-20-05, 09:20 PM
Hey, same here!

I agree it's a huge box and i'm not even sure if it was worth the $40 more for the accessories, but whatever.

I got it paired up with x2 3800+.

jAkUp
09-20-05, 09:38 PM
Nice! You should get a very good OC on that 3700+ :)

Roliath
09-20-05, 09:42 PM
Nice! You should get a very good OC on that 3700+ :)
I can't wait to start overclocking, but I had to RMA my GTX.
Sent it in today. I was having issues with the DVI connectors on it.

That's why I made the thread in the FS section about buying a 6200

jAkUp
09-20-05, 09:45 PM
:(

Roliath
09-20-05, 09:46 PM
:(
Tell me about it. I've had a slew of RMA's lately, this hasn't been my month

jAkUp
09-20-05, 09:48 PM
Tell me about it. I've had a slew of RMA's lately, this hasn't been my month

I've been having a slew of memory problems. I finally just sent my brand new sticks back to OCZ again. They are gonna switch it with 2x 1gb's DDR500's.

Absolution
09-20-05, 10:32 PM
make sure you dl the latest bios, otherwise me and my friends had hard freezes

Roliath
09-20-05, 10:48 PM
Well i got everything setup and turned it on to see if I could hear it post and make sure everything would work. keep in mind I had NO Vid Card installed.

At boot I get two short beeps, but since I have no display I don't know what it means. Any insight? The Diagnostic LED is stuck at 2-3-4, which means "CPU Detected"

jAkUp, so you got your sticks back from OCZ (From RMA I guess), and now your sending them back and they are giving you 2x1GB DDR500? Damn that's bad ass cust. service!

Absolution, what kind of hard freezes were you and your friend getting? I was thinking of going with 704-2 Beta, or the 704-2 Big Toe Modded Bios

jAkUp
09-20-05, 10:56 PM
Yup :) I was having insane amount of problems getting all 4 sticks to run stably at 3.3v. hehe, so the guy shipped me out 2x1gb sticks :) DDR500MHz.

Hey Roliath, what do you run your memory voltages at? If you run it at high voltage, most people say use the yellow slots, for lower voltages (2.9v and below) use the orange slots.

As for the beeps, I have no clue. Its probably fine though. You don't have a cheap PCI card you can throw in? I don't use a speaker, I always rip them out of my cases.. hehe

Roliath
09-20-05, 10:59 PM
Yup :) I was having insane amount of problems getting all 4 sticks to run stably at 3.3v. hehe, so the guy shipped me out 2x1gb sticks :) DDR500MHz.

Hey Roliath, what do you run your memory voltages at? If you run it at high voltage, most people say use the yellow slots, for lower voltages (2.9v and below) use the orange slots.

As for the beeps, I have no clue. Its probably fine though. You don't have a cheap PCI card you can throw in? I don't use a speaker, I always rip them out of my cases.. hehe

I had a 9200SE, and i'm desperately looking for it right now!

It will restart over and over if i put them in the Orange Slots.

Yellow works fine, but orange=no post at all.
I can't really set my voltage for the mem since I cannot see anything.
I'm going to try some 512MB of my old Corsair XMS Pro

jAkUp
09-20-05, 11:01 PM
Hmmm.. thats weird. You may need a BIOS flash also, the latest BIOS on DFI's site fixes some compatibility issues, but many still recommend the BIOS I am currently using. I have had no issues with it.

jAkUp
09-20-05, 11:03 PM
BTW, if you want a good laugh, look at the front of the box. Look at the PC the gamer is playing on... The internals don't match up with the case :D The powersupply is in the front, and the window is on the wrong side...hahah... :D

Roliath
09-20-05, 11:17 PM
Well, it works now at least I think
According to the Diag. LED's it is now stuck at number 4 which means VGA Detected. It stops there because well there is NO VGA, so my guess is that it works.

I hope BFG is fast about there RMA's, I was told 24-48 hours from when they recieve it. And they should recieve it Thursday/Friday. I hope they work on weekends!

I don't have a floppy drive is there anyway I can flash from a USB Flash Drive?
Or should I get a USB Floppy?

jAkUp
09-20-05, 11:19 PM
I do it from a USB floppy that I bought at CompUSA for 20 bucks ;) I was recommend this USB floppy since it works better at DOS emulation. Its the mad dog one. There is also a CD .iso you can DL that has all the drivers, only problem is it doesnt have the latest one.

Roliath
09-20-05, 11:22 PM
haha, I was at fry's today and was looking at some of the USB floppy drives and the cheapest one they had was 40 bucks! Talk about getting ripped off!

Oh yeah, I found a web-site that sells FrontX extra connectors and such, its called FrontX.com (duh!).

jAkUp
09-20-05, 11:25 PM
Nevermind I found it!
You can DL the CD here:
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031

it has the new BIOS on it as well.

Roliath
09-20-05, 11:27 PM
Nevermind I found it!
You can DL the CD here:
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031

it has the new BIOS on it as well.
OH hell yeah! thanks!
Alot of people on DFI-Street are saying that the 704-2bta is the best BIOS out for the nF4 boards. Looks like that's the one i'll be trying out.

EDIT: if anyone is looking for a cheap USB floppy, i found this on Newegg only $22.99 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16821118001)

einstein_314
09-20-05, 11:32 PM
And man what a package!
I've never seen a mobo box so big before! This thing is pack with stuff! The bundle is crazy! The FrontX thing is a very nice addition. I just wish it came with more useful stuff, anyone know where I can buy more "add ons"?

Well that is all.

Thanks jAkUp, for the recommendation on this mobo.

Sweet!! Mine arrived a few days ago but I had to wait for my 7800 GTX to arrive. Now it has and I love this mobo. So many options and accessories. My only problem is my cpu. Its a newcastle core so the overclocking aint so great. Oh well, running at 2530 Mhz now. I can live with that until I get an X2. Any my vid card goes to 490/1.3 so I'm pretty happy with that. ;)

Roliath
09-20-05, 11:33 PM
Oh well, running at 2530 Mhz now.
That's what I had my 3500+ NC running at 24/7. That seemed to be the average oc on those.

Mr_LoL
09-21-05, 11:52 AM
Jesus the bios in this thing is flippin complicated. I changed boards yesterday cuz that abit sucked. I can't get my head round the bios. Oh and the instruction manual is terrible but the board compensates for it.

BugginOuT
09-22-05, 06:21 PM
So far I got it to 2.5Ghz on air, doing Prime95 overnight to see how good it holds up.