PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Problems.. Kindly Help.

Jacobjac123
09-20-05, 09:31 PM
Hello, Welcome back to Jacobjac's Ever continuous journey towards the stars, battling through hardware galaxies.

Tonight's Episode is short and sweet..

Jacobjac got his new video card today (XpertVision 6600gt 256mb AGP). He plugged his old faulty one out. He put his new one in. He plugged in the relative video card power cords. He plugged everything back in to the back of his computer after he was done.

Uh Oh.. Keyboard doesn't work. Which is odd because he didn't touch anything to do with the keyboard.

I have a flexiglow keyboard.. It's one with a button... When you press the button it lights up blue.. See here: http://web.aanet.com.au/Jacobjac/Cap32323232.BMP (taken the other day)

I'm not sure what's happening.. Sigh. I just really want to get it fixed quickly so I can try my new video card and finally have something to do during the day again (gaming). The odd thing is.. When pressing the glow button.. The keyboard still lights up blue.. But pressing the buttons does nothing. This includes at the Bios screen.. Pushing Del does nothing.

I'm not sure if the mouse port is the same because I'm running a USB mouse but the mouse works fine. I've given it a bit of a shove, and so forth, but nothings happening. On the inside.. The keyboard port on the motherboard appears fine.

It's also worth noting that no keyboard errors come up. The system boots up fine but the keyboard keys just don't do anything.

I hope you enjoyed the episode as much as I did (None).

Nutty
09-20-05, 09:45 PM
You haven't plugged it into the mouse PS2 port by mistake have you ?

Jacobjac123
09-20-05, 10:01 PM
Nope

ViN86
09-20-05, 11:54 PM
if you have windows xp you could try re-plugging the keyboard back in and hope windows detects it. it sounds like a driver issue, not hardware. youre still getting it to light up, so you know you have power (always a good thing)

also, this thread is awesome cause your wrote your problem in third person. :D

try a different keyboard (PS/2) and a USB keyboard (if you have one/ can borrow one). that might give some insight. also, if you can get into DOS or something (a console outside of windows) then see if the keyboard works. if it doesnt work there, its probably hardware/bios settings. if it works there, its probably windows driver problems. good luck

Jacobjac123
09-21-05, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Turns out it was the PS2 pins all bent out of shape.

I tried to bend them back into shape but failed.

This happened to me once before with a monitor.

I'm now on a trusty Microsoft white 1996-style keyboard.

I'll have to buy a new keyboard..

Nutty
09-21-05, 10:00 AM
Get a USB keyboard next time.

crainger
09-21-05, 11:17 AM
My sister has one of thems light up blue keyboard. The EL lights on it buzz so crazy its never turned on LOL