PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time you played and liked a console game?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tygerwoody
09-21-05, 10:39 AM
Its litterally been over 4 years for me. Gran Turismo 3 is the last console game I have ever bought. I bought the PS2 only because of that game. LoL... its the only game i bought for my PS2.

I "tried" to play a console game at friends house a few times, but within 3 mins i always get bored.

I'm almost getting the itch to play a console game again.... something cool like MGS1 or Super Smash Bros.

jAkUp
09-21-05, 10:41 AM
Burnout Revenge is the last console game I enjoyed. Really the only console games I enjoy alot are the Burnout series.

Toss3
09-21-05, 10:44 AM
Its litterally been over 4 years for me. Gran Turismo 3 is the last console game I have ever bought. I bought the PS2 only because of that game. LoL... its the only game i bought for my PS2.

I "tried" to play a console game at friends house a few times, but within 3 mins i always get bored.

I'm almost getting the itch to play a console game again.... something cool like MGS1 or Super Smash Bros.
Umm Mgs2&3, Final Fantasy X & X-2, Halo2, Burnout... just to name a few! But I haven't had time to play any games now that I've got school and a job :( Wipout on the psp also seemed really fun!

Toss3
09-21-05, 10:44 AM
Burnout Revenge is the last console game I enjoyed. Really the only console games I enjoy alot are the Burnout series.
You didn't like final fantasy?????!!! :thumbdwn: Or haven't you played it yet?

Mr. Hunt
09-21-05, 10:50 AM
Too many... but the most recent would probably be my experience with the Shadow of the Colussus demo... that game is going to be freaking awesome.

|MaguS|
09-21-05, 10:52 AM
You didn't like final fantasy?????!!! :thumbdwn: Or haven't you played it yet?

Not everyone likes western RPGs.

As for me, Last game I purchased and liked was Radiata Stories, I purchase about a console game a month, sometimes more often.

stncttr908
09-21-05, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure, probably Madden since I played a game or two against my friend the other day.

It cracks me up when people think they're too good for consoles though. It leads to a lot of people missing a lot of good games. ;)

OWA
09-21-05, 11:04 AM
Just a few months ago for me. I got tired of waiting for BloodRayne 2 to come out for the PC so I bought it for the Xbox. It was great but now I have the PC version so I'm back to playing exclusively on the PC.

Ninjaman09
09-21-05, 11:18 AM
Not everyone likes western RPGs.

As for me, Last game I purchased and liked was Radiata Stories, I purchase about a console game a month, sometimes more often.
Don't you mean Eastern RPGs? :p

Anyway, God of War was the last console game I truly loved. It is one of the most fun, polished, and focused games I've seen come out in YEARS. The reviewers aren't kidding when they say this is the best game on the PS2.

Some honorable mentions include Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime.

muaddib
09-21-05, 11:45 AM
God of War.

msxyz
09-21-05, 12:01 PM
The last console I liked (for their games) was the Dreamcast

Yuet
09-21-05, 12:17 PM
God of War, GT4 for driving missions and Forza MotorSport for the arcade missions, those have been occupy me for the last two months. There aren't that many PC games lately which got me involved for the long hours. I've bought at least half a dozen games in the past few months for PC but none other than Doom3 Expansion got me occupy but it was short.

Tygerwoody
09-21-05, 12:18 PM
best console games of all time:

Metal Gear Solid for PS
Twisted Metal for PS
Resident Evil for PS
Banjo Kazooi for N64 :afro:

zoomy942
09-21-05, 12:19 PM
everyone can bow to Grandia 2. :)
and to a smaller extent Soul Calibur.

Mario toadstool golf on gamecube is cool too.

J-Mag
09-21-05, 12:31 PM
Console games have been relegated to use when my non-nerd friends come over. They usually don't have pimped out rigs, so its not like I am going to play BF2 with them and a p3...

Anyway the last great game I had for my Xbox before I sold it was Fusion Frenzy.
Excellent game for even drunkards and chicks to pick up. Oh do I miss it so...

|MaguS|
09-21-05, 12:32 PM
Don't you mean Eastern RPGs? :p

Anyway, God of War was the last console game I truly loved. It is one of the most fun, polished, and focused games I've seen come out in YEARS. The reviewers aren't kidding when they say this is the best game on the PS2.

Some honorable mentions include Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime.

Well yeah, But its also to the west of where Im located... :o

Saintster
09-21-05, 01:12 PM
God of war,Prince of persia warrior within,Resient evil 4.

marqmajere
09-21-05, 02:17 PM
Windwaker on the Gamecube.

ST:DS9
09-21-05, 05:16 PM
Jade Empire
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Burn Out 3

Vagrant Zero
09-21-05, 05:23 PM
Resident Evil 4 in January of this year. You couldn't get me away from my gamecube for a week.

brady
09-21-05, 06:28 PM
Resident Evil 4 in January of this year. You couldn't get me away from my gamecube for a week.

I hear ya bro! Infact I just started playing it again last night. I'm trying to beat the Merc. Mode. It's hard :eek:

Mr. Hunt
09-21-05, 06:29 PM
I hear ya bro! Infact I just started playing it again last night. I'm trying to beat the Merc. Mode. It's hard :eek:

Heh yeah... I had a hard time for a while... but then everything just suddenly clicked and I got great scores with everybody... Krauser is so freaking awesome.

Handcannon is awesome... but I was hoping for something more for having to do so much :\.

CaptNKILL
09-21-05, 06:44 PM
I like playing Halo 2 with friends some times, and I guess the only one that really jumps out before that was probably Metal Gear Solid for Playstation 1... Im not a console guy ;)

aAv7
09-21-05, 07:36 PM
metroid prime 1, animal crossing

de><ta
09-21-05, 08:45 PM
God of War, that game was simply amazing.