PDA

View Full Version : Gainward 7800GT Ultra/3400PCX Golden Sample

langsta
09-22-05, 05:24 AM
I have the Gainward 7800GT Ultra/3400PCX Golden Sample PCI-E card and the drivers shipped with my card are old drivers for the 6800 that do not work. Im using the latest Nvidia drivers currently but was wondering if anyone had the Gainward drivers, ive been to the gainward site and scoured the net but cant find them, does anyone please have them or have other people had the same problem as me? :mad:

Peoples-Agent
09-22-05, 05:27 AM
I wouldn't worry about that bud, all newer forceware drivers are compatiable with your card, got nothing to gain by having Gainward drivers, I doubt there is such thing.

www.tweaksrus.com , have a look on here, I recommend the XG 78.03s or 77.77 HDs, both very good performers. Dont forget to uninstall the old ones, then run Driver Cleaner and reboot before installing a fresh set.

langsta
09-22-05, 05:31 AM
Thing is i cant get Expertool to work though, tells me my card is not supported WTF!! any ideas? will it work with the tweaked drivers?

AthlonXP1800
09-22-05, 05:45 AM
Thing is i cant get Expertool to work though, tells me my card is not supported WTF!! any ideas? will it work with the tweaked drivers?

You probably tried that one shipped from CD, try download (http://www.gainward.de/new/main.html) latest Expertool 3.32, I downloaded it too for my Gainward 7800 GTX, it worked great. :D

langsta
09-22-05, 07:13 AM
Nope, ive got the latest version it doesnt work, Must be an issue with The GT model.

jolle
12-13-05, 03:15 AM
Got a problem with ExperTOOL here aswell, or rather my brother does..
his 6600GT Golden Sample sounds like a tractor at full speed.
First he used the Expertool version that came off the CD, and that worked, installed it in "Enhanced mode" so it would run the Golden Sample rated speeds.
But that turned out a bit buggy for him, so we downloaded the latest version only to find ANYTHING remotly useful missing from it, no Fan speeds, no clock speed settings, nothing.. only color settings and display settings stuff..
So I installed the old version again, but now THAT one wont set the fan speed or clockspeeds either..

Anyone know how to get that stuff back?
Their support seems apalling, I mailed the Swe office but they said they "dont provide service anymore", and I can only seem to find mails to Sales offices on their site..
Registered on the supportforum, but apparantly you cant post there, only read news posts from some guy..

ATI_Dude
12-13-05, 06:51 AM
I have the Gainward 7800GT Ultra/3400PCX Golden Sample PCI-E card and the drivers shipped with my card are old drivers for the 6800 that do not work. Im using the latest Nvidia drivers currently but was wondering if anyone had the Gainward drivers, ive been to the gainward site and scoured the net but cant find them, does anyone please have them or have other people had the same problem as me? :mad:

To my knowledge Gainward stopped rebranding Forceware drivers some time ago. Just use the standard nVidia Forceware drivers.