PDA

View Full Version : Switch between pc and xbox 360

DJMONDY
09-22-05, 07:30 AM
When the xbox 360 comes out in the uk im gonna connect it to my pc monitor as i dont have a decent tv to connect it too.

What i want to do is have my pc and xbox 360 connected to the monitor and be able to switch between them both when im using whichever one.

Can you show me what i'll need to do this or isnt it possible to do and also will it damage my monitor at all??

Cheers :)

Heres my monitor: http://www.viewsonic.com/support/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/proseries/p225f/

msxyz
09-22-05, 08:30 AM
There are some monitor switch boxes on the market which are basically a small box with multiple inputs and a single output. I used to have one in the lab to work on multiple computers at a time.

No danger involved, either. The device is little more than a set of mechanical switches in a nice metal box :)

DJMONDY
09-23-05, 02:06 AM

If you have any links please post.

Cheers

gmontem
09-23-05, 02:51 AM
Looks like your monitor has two sets of inputs, one mini D-sub and 5 BNCs. Why not just buy a breakout cable to connect the PC to the BNCs? That'll leave the D-sub for the 360.

DJMONDY
09-23-05, 03:02 AM
Looks like your monitor has two sets of inputs, one mini D-sub and 5 BNCs. Why not just buy a breakout cable to connect the PC to the BNCs? That'll leave the D-sub for the 360.

I had a small problem with the BNC cable ive got where the image wasnt as sharp as the vga to dvi cable.

An ingame image seemed to blur more while moving with the BNC cable compared to the other, dunno why :confused:

Maybe i did something wrong but i was told the image would be sharpest using the BNC but it wasnt for me.

Kojiro
09-26-05, 10:25 PM
I believe there should be a DVI port to it (since alot of HDTV use DVI for high end picture input). If there is, than all you got to do is use a VGA adapter that comes with most if not all Video Cards that have DVI interface.

Of course you Monitor will have to suport 1280x720 at 60hz. Oh yes, It will be in 16:9 mode, so basicaly to use HD on a standard monitor is to play it letter boxed.

If your monitor does not suport this resolution, you can always use 480p. All monitors suport 640x480 as it's the VGA standard. This why you can also have your games 4:3 mode to fill your screen. ;)

They also make Component to VGA adapters. This is just if it does not have a DVI port.