PDA

View Full Version : ASUS Announces P5N32-SLI And A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
09-22-05, 02:53 PM
With exclusive technologies daul x16 PCI Express SLI graphics, the 8-Phase Power design and fan-less cooling, the recently unveiled ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe and P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboards deliver superior video performance, cool and quiet computing and stable and efficient power supply.

http://www.asus.com.tw/news_show.aspx?id=1401

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13465

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13464

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13463

Ninjaman09
09-22-05, 02:54 PM
Hooray, and I just bought my A8N-SLI Premium. :rolleyes:

I guess upgrading to this would not require a format though, would it?

FraGTastiK
09-22-05, 02:58 PM
omg its raining super charged SLi boards -----> runs for cover

jAkUp
09-22-05, 03:03 PM

Yea, your likely to need a reformat. If it was the same mobo, no, but for a different motherboard, its gonna need it.

keith33
09-22-05, 03:59 PM
Knowing jAkUp, he'll probably have this in by Monday ;). Let us know if it actually has a performance boost vs conventional SLi.

MrSavoy
09-22-05, 05:01 PM
I'm about to order a A8Nsli premium tommorow for my new system. Is this even available yet? Should I bother waiting? 10% effeciency difference over 2 8x pcie lanes? Meh. :rolleyes:

overheat
09-22-05, 06:40 PM
you should order it it do not seem available anywhere..........not even pics on asus web site

GlowStick
09-22-05, 07:10 PM
Its intresting, but since i just bought a premium no game for me. I so far like the mobo i have though!

oups need to update sig :o

FraGTastiK
09-23-05, 02:18 AM
you should order it it do not seem available anywhere..........not even pics on asus web site

there are no pictures on Asus website?I found a picture btw,maybe its up on Asus webpage too,havnt checked.

jAkUp
09-23-05, 02:27 AM
Check it out guys :)

jAkUp
09-23-05, 02:33 AM
I just noticed that it has Rear SATA :) Nice

Amuro
09-23-05, 03:30 AM

I just bought my A8N-SLI Premium as well, LOL.

Oh, if I have this board, where do I insert my sound card, in between the video cards?

Muppet
09-23-05, 03:53 AM
I've been holding of waiting for these boards to come out so i'll be keen :D
for one.

Roch
09-23-05, 03:59 AM
The bottom video card looks really close to the PCI slot, I don't think I could get my Fatality card in there could I?

Amuro
09-23-05, 04:28 AM
You could I guess, but it would be a really tight fit.

PaiN
09-23-05, 05:53 AM
I know its completely stupid since I have a perfectly running system......but I think I really must have one of these mobos..... :D

DoomUK
09-23-05, 06:15 AM
Nice looking board, although it's a shame about the layout of the expansion slots: no, you couldn't fit a sound card in there if you're using the slave PCI-E slot.

Ninjaman09
09-23-05, 07:30 AM
Actually now that I look at it, the board I have is better for my needs. I'll stick with the old 8x-per-card deal. After all it's not that big a difference anyway. :D

Ninjaman09
09-23-05, 08:31 AM
Silly Q but... is it ok to populate / use the PCI slots in between 2 7800 GTX cards in SLi?
Actually that's a good question...I believe the entire purpose of the extra space between cards is to improve airflow. At least, there's a little diagram of it on the A8N-SLI box. I don't know how useful it actually is for cooling but it seems like it would be unfavorable for temperatures to do that.

MrSavoy
09-23-05, 11:53 AM
Dam I was gonna order my system parts today and the a8nsli prem was gonna be it, but now I dont know what to do. Should I wait for this? I cant seem to find an availability date anywhere. Anyone know?

jAkUp
09-23-05, 12:18 PM
Wow I just noticed that PCI slot. What a horrible design. That PCI slot at the bottom is useless if your running SLI.

You can probably put the Fatal1ty card in between the 2 cards, but I don't like the idea of cooking a $300 passively cooled card.

walterman
09-23-05, 12:56 PM
Personally, i like the layout of the A8N-SLI Premium. I can put 2 double slot gfx cards, another pci-e x4 card (physics card perhaps), & 2 old pci cards (dvb-s & x-fi).

wheeljack12
09-23-05, 03:07 PM
I would say that asus has stepped it up a notch with that improved motherboard cooling. Looks like they took a page from Abit with their OTES cooling system. What would be nice is for some of these mobo manufacturer's to do is to something to the effect of what evga does with a one time trade in deal. Meaning that some of these hand and fist money making manufacturers give us a return. Mainly for the fact that they are going so fast in making the stuff, soon enough they will not be making the same money because most of us are not that wealthy to keep up with today's trend of less than 6 months per and less in their hardware roadmaps. It's called market saturation. Not a complaint of not buying, more like why the heck wasn't the x16 released 1st? Some may want to say the reason, this would be my answer above.

superklye
09-23-05, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I really wish more companies had the eVGA step-up program. But give us 6 months instead of only 3.

Mr_LoL
09-23-05, 04:05 PM
At the momemt I love my DFI :headbang: even though the bios is overly complicated. This Asus looks good though. i am so tempted to order a second 7800 gt.