PDA

View Full Version : Can' play BF2 anymore :/

Kamikaz
09-22-05, 03:47 PM
I usually sit here and read, I don't really post much as you can see ;) But now I feel like I have no other choice than requesting help, I hope this is the right forum for.

Last time I played, I tried the commander thing. BUT, while trying to bring the commander options on screen, I kept hitting caps lock key and enter key (maybe some other key hehe ) and then my BF2 crashed (Couldn't use the mouse and the game was @ 1 frame per 2-3 seconds...).

So I decided to restart my pc and to play later.

Then today, I lauch BF2, join my favorite server... BUT, the main screen appeared (the one you choose your character, medic, anti-tank, etc) and my mouse is locked up, can't move it at all, but i'm still hearing the music.

The task manager showed bf2.exe as "running", but all I can do now is restart my computer...

Oh well, if you have any idea, please reply.

Thanks in advance.

PS : I forgot to mention that I did reset video option and I tried reinstalling the game, not working :/

jAkUp
09-22-05, 03:51 PM
Have you tried reinstalling BF2?

Kamikaz
09-22-05, 03:53 PM
Have you tried reinstalling BF2?

Oh yeah I forgot, I just did :/

jAkUp
09-22-05, 04:03 PM
Uninstall BF2 from Add/Remove programs, navigate to the directory that you installed BF2 in, and remove all entries. Do a search for Battlefield 2 and remove all entries as well.. then install.

And if all else fails... well.. reformat :(

Kamikaz
09-22-05, 04:07 PM
Uninstall BF2 from Add/Remove programs, navigate to the directory that you installed BF2 in, and remove all entries. Do a search for Battlefield 2 and remove all entries as well.. then install.

And if all else fails... well.. reformat :(

Arg...

I was hoping for a "known issue"...

OWA
09-22-05, 06:33 PM
I think if you hit the LEFT shift key several times in a row, Windows thinks you want to change the "sticky" key option. I didn't think this would happen in a game but maybe it will and maybe that got changed by accident (since you weren't sure which key you were hitting). I kind of doubt this is the issue since it seems unlikey windows would have any control over that while a game has focus but you might want to check on it just in case.

Edit: Nevermind, it can't be what I suggested since I think you'd notice it and I can't think of any reason why having sticky keys enabled would cause BF2 to not run properly.

Kamikaz
09-22-05, 06:40 PM
I think if you hit the LEFT shift key several times in a row, Windows thinks you want to change the "sticky" key option. I didn't think this would happen in a game but maybe it will and maybe that got changed by accident (since you weren't sure which key you were hitting). I kind of doubt this is the issue since it seems unlikey windows would have any control over that while a game has focus but you might want to check on it just in case.

Edit: Nevermind, it can't be what I suggested since I think you'd notice it and I can't think of any reason why having sticky keys enabled would cause BF2 to not run properly.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about tho, but I would have heard the little sound + I would have gotten that pop-up window like you said.

Oh well ty.

Anyone else ?

Amuro
09-22-05, 09:00 PM
What mouse are you using? Is it connnected to USB port?

Try unplug/plug your mouse, as well as reinstall the mouse driver if you're not using the generic windows one.

Kamikaz
09-22-05, 09:49 PM
What mouse are you using? Is it connnected to USB port?

Try unplug/plug your mouse, as well as reinstall the mouse driver if you're not using the generic windows one.

Yeah I did try that (the unplug thing) didnt work.

BUT, i did uninstall again and I delete EVERYTHING on my C: and in the registry about "bf2" and "battlefield 2".

I launch the game and it worked.

I'm now installing the patch.

Thanks everyone
(thx jakUp)

Amuro
09-22-05, 10:25 PM
Glad you solved it!

stncttr908
09-22-05, 11:52 PM
I'm glad you fixed it. Now, can you tell my uni to stop dropping packets from the BF2 port?

Thanks.

Roliath
09-23-05, 12:02 AM
Hell, with all the RMA's I've been through, I haven't played any Computer Game for the past month or two...

Kamikaz
09-23-05, 12:26 AM
I'm glad you fixed it. Now, can you tell my uni to stop dropping packets from the BF2 port?

Thanks.

Ahah yeah, gotta hate that !