PDA

View Full Version : 6800LE TV-Out... black and white, wtf?? ...

icedragn
09-22-05, 04:02 PM
Yea, everything works FINE (color) until windows loads (after windows boot screen) then its just black and friggin white.... why??? i see no settings to change it to black and white... and it worked b4? :S Completely confused here!!!

Im using 77.77 drivers

icedragn
09-22-05, 04:11 PM
Also on tv screen it WILL NOT display aby video playback... and im trying to watch some videos :mad:

icedragn
09-22-05, 04:27 PM
here is EXACTLY what i did:
- everything worked FINE, shut comp down, turned power sw off in back of PSU.
- left town for 4 days
- started up pc
- played some CS: Source
- tried watching dvd using tv display, color worked fine but video was black (wouldn't display)
- unplugged tv, rebooted, forced tv detection, plugged in tv, NO COLOR and still no video playback
- going to reboot without tv again, remove "force detection", then the fact still remains that video playback WONT display anymore!! wtf?? :confused:

EDIT 2:

didnt work, so i uninstalled and re-installed drivers.. have color working but still no video playback will work on the tv... just blackness :(

wheeljack12
09-22-05, 05:02 PM
icedragn, have you tried using a different cable than the one currently plugged into the video card? I know had something like this with a happauge tv card I had once. I changed the cable from the one that came with the bundle in the tv card and used a different one that came with a older video or tv card (can't remember, doesn't matter here). Worked fine. Saved me a lot of hassle in sending a tv card back for a bad cable. also, if you are trying to watch store bought movies and dvd, there is a chance that you are getting is macrovision protection. I haven't tried tv out on my video card yet. ATI I know with their all in wonder x800 xt that my brother had at one time and I tried geting to work has now started using macrovision protection for viewing and recording. I doubt Nvidia has went this far but I would check this possibility.

Jimi
09-22-05, 05:45 PM
icedragn, have you tried using a different cable than the one currently plugged into the video card? I know had something like this with a happauge tv card I had once. I changed the cable from the one that came with the bundle in the tv card and used a different one that came with a older video or tv card (can't remember, doesn't matter here). Worked fine. Saved me a lot of hassle in sending a tv card back for a bad cable. also, if you are trying to watch store bought movies and dvd, there is a chance that you are getting is macrovision protection. I haven't tried tv out on my video card yet. ATI I know with their all in wonder x800 xt that my brother had at one time and I tried geting to work has now started using macrovision protection for viewing and recording. I doubt Nvidia has went this far but I would check this possibility.

I completely agree regarding cables.

I sometimes get TV Out in black and white on my Dell XPS with bad cables or cables not plugged in far enough. Plugging them in father fixes it.

Macrovision protection results in no video, not black and white.

icedragn
09-22-05, 06:12 PM
I said in my second edit i got color working, just re-installed drivers. But now i cant get video playback to work... just shows a black screen :mad:

Jimi
09-22-05, 06:53 PM
I said in my second edit i got color working, just re-installed drivers. But now i cant get video playback to work... just shows a black screen :mad:

That could be lots of things then.

What type of content is it?
Did you install a decoder for MPEG-2 or DVD?

icedragn
09-22-05, 07:13 PM
That could be lots of things then.

What type of content is it?
Did you install a decoder for MPEG-2 or DVD?

yes i have all the codecs, it plays fine on my monitor, but on my tv any media playback is just a blank screen.

Jimi
09-22-05, 07:25 PM
yes i have all the codecs, it plays fine on my monitor, but on my tv any media playback is just a blank screen.

Is it DVD content? If so, Macrovision may be preventing it.
Also when you try to play on your TV, are both monitors active or just one?

icedragn
09-23-05, 11:47 AM
Is it DVD content? If so, Macrovision may be preventing it.
Also when you try to play on your TV, are both monitors active or just one?

my monitor setup is cloned so both are on, i have tried setting the tv to primary display but it stil doesnt work, i made this dvd myself but also just playing videos off the hard drive do not work, just black/blank screen >.<