PDA

View Full Version : For all you stinking EA supporters

Pages : [1] 2

oldsk00l
09-22-05, 07:25 PM
http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/1127353860.2379.html

Yeah, just keep ruining videogaming, great.

I hope you enjoyed your miserably copies of battlefield 2 and madden, jerks!

:mad:

Yeah, this is to those that support EA, THANKS A LOT. :(

overheat
09-22-05, 08:00 PM
^^^
wtf.....
Calm down
Its not the end of the world

|MaguS|
09-22-05, 08:18 PM
EA isn't taking Ubisoft over... The CEO just stated that if EA were to try there would be nothing to stop them... and guess whos to blame... THEIR stock holders who wee to sell to EA.

OWA
09-22-05, 08:46 PM
You're welcome...and get over it.

agentkay
09-22-05, 08:56 PM
Since when is Ubisoft any better than EA? They are from french origin after all! :p But the silly joke aside, did I miss something? I thought they both sucked pretty badly when it comes to support. Of course, for the sake of compertition, I hope they both stay independent and won´t be taken over.

Mr. Hunt
09-22-05, 09:01 PM
Difference is UBI sometimes makes some innovative games... EA does not.

UBI does not go around buying every little company it can... Ea does.

agentkay
09-22-05, 09:14 PM
Difference is UBI sometimes makes some innovative games... EA does not.

UBI does not go around buying every little company it can... Ea does.

Good points, thanks for the reminder! :thumbup:

Amuro
09-22-05, 09:21 PM
UBI makses games? I thought it's just a publisher like EA.

oldsk00l
09-22-05, 09:21 PM
You're welcome...and get over it.

Well, aren't you just the paragon of virtue? :rolleyes:

and @ magus,

Shareholders, whatever, the funds come from people buying EA's CRAP so that it can turn Ubi into another miserable part of its corpulent body...and ruin the decent franchises that Ubi has...in the process of slitting the workforce's throat through a relocation and liquidation.

That, and being supportive of a CRIMINAL organization is hardly something to be proud of. Yes, CRIMINAL, as in violating labor laws rampantly, and having some of the poorest employer ethics in the industry.

If you're a fan of being affiliated with SCUM then I guess you win out by purchasing EA products.

oldsk00l
09-22-05, 09:22 PM

Ubi owns some in house studios, like the PoP team for example.

jAkUp
09-22-05, 09:48 PM
Yea... I hate EA too. To think back in the 90's they were my favorite company. Thats when they had good games. Now, they have just gotten too big for their own good.

Unfortunately, I love BF2. I have no choice but to buy :( Sadly, I'm probably gonna get Most Wanted also. NFS HP 1 & high stakes were some of my favorite racing games of all time.

OWA
09-22-05, 09:51 PM
Well, aren't you just the paragon of virtue? :rolleyes:

I didn't bother reading the link. My get over it was just trying to say, your constant rants on EA are tiresome, give it a rest.

oldsk00l
09-22-05, 10:23 PM
I didn't bother reading the link. My get over it was just trying to say, your constant rants on EA are tiresome, give it a rest.

Maybe you should take a look then, and if you run a post search you'll find that I do not constantly rant about EA.

As much as I'd like to, I don't.

Mr. Hunt
09-22-05, 10:27 PM
Even if you did... it would be well justified... they are a thorn in the side of the hardcore gamer... and I want to get rid of it, I know it won't happen... but I REFUSE to buy an EA game no matter what. My 50 dollars will just go toward them buying another developer... and I don't want that. Just wish more people would join me (Yes... YOU JAKUP! You must not buy ANYTHING EA HAS TO DO ANYTHING WITH!).

StoNer
09-22-05, 10:52 PM
yea EA was working its employees sometimes 80-90 hours a week and refusing to pay overtime.

And their games are so damn buggy from keeping the developers up for like 16 hours coding per day. Like in BF2 when im flying a Jet and i have a passenger in it with me and some enemy douche crashes into me, and i look up to see "StoNer Teamkills *Passenger's Name*"

OWA
09-22-05, 10:54 PM
Maybe you should take a look then, and if you run a post search you'll find that I do not constantly rant about EA.

As much as I'd like to, I don't.
You're right, using "constant" wasn't the appropriate word. So, I think the occasional rant over EA is basically pointless. Most people already don't like them and the fact that they now have an exclusive deal with the NFL (for example), annoys me to no end. I say this even though I prefer Madden over ESPN's NFL series. But, I don't think it's fair to criticize people for playing EA games. While I'm very upset with them, they still publish a lot of my favorite games and I don't think many people are going to give up their favorite games just b/c they don't like the publisher. So, I don't think it does any good to occasionally blast EA or the members that purchase/play their games.

It's kind of the same way with Creative. They're another company that I pretty much despise (basically for purchasing Aureal) but their cards pretty much work the best with games. Plus, there aren't a lot of other (good)solutions available to chose from. So, even though I don't like them, I still buy their cards.

oldsk00l
09-22-05, 11:12 PM
You're right, using "constant" wasn't the appropriate word. So, I think the occasional rant over EA is basically pointless. Most people already don't like them and the fact that they now have an exclusive deal with the NFL (for example), annoys me to no end. I say this even though I prefer Madden over ESPN's NFL series. But, I don't think it's fair to criticize people for playing EA games. While I'm very upset with them, they still publish a lot of my favorite games and I don't think many people are going to give up their favorite games just b/c they don't like the publisher. So, I don't think it does any good to occasionally blast EA or the members that purchase/play their games.

It's kind of the same way with Creative. They're another company that I pretty much despise (basically for purchasing Aureal) but their cards pretty much work the best with games. Plus, there aren't a lot of other (good)solutions available to chose from. So, even though I don't like them, I still buy their cards.

Creative has yet to engage into criminal activity and illegally exploit their workforce. At least, there is no known public knowledge of this.

It isn't a business practice issue, it's the issue of supporting a known criminal organization and then condoning such behavior with said support.

stncttr908
09-22-05, 11:38 PM
I see a lot of people "hating" EA walking out of EB Games with a copy of both those titles that Mr. sk00l mentioned under their arms.

CaptNKILL
09-22-05, 11:58 PM
The majority of EA games blow... but Battlefield 2 is a multiplayer masterpiece. Battlefield 1942 was fantastic too (Vietnam wasnt that great). Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault was lots of fun as well. Other than that, I've been disapointed or irritated with just about every other game they have made in the past 5 years.

I dont give a damn how much people hate them, Im buying their good games to support their good games. By buying none of their games youre just saying youd rather miss good games for no reason other than to get revenge on some multi-million dollar corporation... as if you not buying one game is actually going to hurt them in some significant way.

Sales matter to them no matter what you think, so the more of their GOOD games you buy the more of them they will make (look at the Battlefield series... lots of people LOVE them and lots of people BOUGHT them... now we have the best one yet). If you dont buy any at all rather than buying the one or two decent games they actually put out, youre really the only one missing out.

You're allowed to be mad, yeah... but if I listened to all the anti-EA rhetoric that people spewed, I probably would never have bought BF1942, BF2 or MOHAA. Those are some of my favorite games ever, and many others feel the same way.

EA sucks but some of their games dont... I dont care where the money goes ;)

mcq3000
09-23-05, 12:04 AM
EA doesnt give a **** about people whinning on some forum

In the society we live in your money talks not your mouth. You want EA to innovate? Dont buy their rehashes of franchises each and every ****ing year. If you do not give them your money they cannot buy other publishers. They do not pull their shares and stock prices from thin air. You the consumer ultimately determines what their stock is worth and their companies are valued.

Obviously if not enough people are boycotting them they are doing something right. Obviously it means most people buying their garbage like that they overwork their employees and rehash the same old game with the same engine they used 7 years ago (the fifa graphics engine hasnt changed since 2000).

CaptNKILL
09-23-05, 12:24 AM
EA doesnt give a **** about people whinning on some forum

In the society we live in your money talks not your mouth. You want EA to innovate? Dont buy their rehashes of franchises each and every ****ing year. If you do not give them your money they cannot buy other publishers. They do not pull their shares and stock prices from thin air. You the consumer ultimately determines what their stock is worth and their companies are valued.

Obviously if not enough people are boycotting them they are doing something right. Obviously it means most people buying their garbage like that they overwork their employees and rehash the same old game with the same engine they used 7 years ago (the fifa graphics engine hasnt changed since 2000).
I agree on all of the Sims and Sports games they pump out... its complete bullsh!t that they release the same game every year with one added feature and a different picture on the front of the box.

However, I do NOT agree with lumping the Battlefield series into that. Battlefield 1942 was pretty much revolutionary as far as multiplayer action games go. Nothing was like it. Battlefield Vietnam was a SEQUEL... it was a similar style of game in a completely different setting with new weapons, vehicles, gameplay features and graphics all the way around. Battlefield 2 is completely new and is much different than the other 2. It has a new engine, it has a RTS style commander mode (which is freaking sweet), it has global rankings and unlockable weapons, much MUCH improved gameplay, cutting edge graphics... when people complain about "rehashing the same game" and they are talking about Battlefield, they are simply talking out their ass because they dislike EA and thats what EA does with every other franchise. If BF2 is a total copy of the other BF2 games, then go bitch at id and Epic for remaking the same Quake and Unreal games over and over :rolleyes: (that was sarcasm btw)

Amuro
09-23-05, 01:31 AM
I hate EA too, and I will continue to buy their games, if they have anything I like, that is.

msxyz
09-23-05, 02:14 AM
I don't know if EA would have published a game like Silent Hunter III that, despite being succesful for a simulation, sold only about 80000 copies.

EA lives mainly through selling mediocre sequels of their franchises like Madden, Need For Speed, Fifa thanks also to the fact that competition has been nearly forced out of the businness with clever acquisition of licenses.

Sure, for EA it's easier to buy out a Fifa or NFL license than spending the same amount of money to fund a game. But for gamers this means lack of motivation to improve the products. When your football game is endorsed by Fifa you can be sure that the masses will buy it just to see the real names of their favourite football players appear on the screen.

I don't see either BF2 as something groundbraking or a must have title. For sure it's poor coded as its graphics are not better than those of games like UT2004 but require twice the resources.

Back IT, Ubisoft also has many development teams based around Europe. Ubisoft is actually the only company around here giving young programmers a chance to work in the gaming industry and the necessary support and infrastructures to do so. I think that the takeover of UBisoft would be a greater damage for EU than the USA in the short term.

Edge
09-23-05, 03:16 AM
They publish quite a few, but they have several in-house developers. Beyond Good and Evil, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and XIII are a few examples of games that their studios have produced (and occasionally they'll share resources between their different divisions, which is quite efficient since it allows totally seperate groups to pool their creative talent).

But yes, it's sickening seeing EA rise to be a videogame superpower when they're one of the worst publishers out there. Hell, I can count four SERIES off the top of my head that they've ruined, let alone individual games. It's sad that they buy up so many companies that they now control (and ruin) many good developers and frachises even though their own are mediocre...they could at least be like Titus and just pump out bad game after bad game WITHOUT gobbling up company after company. UBIsoft was one of my favorite publishers/developers this generation, it would be sad to see them get swallowed up by EA. Oh well, I guess videogames, like most every other industry, is doomed to eventually be controlled by a few super-companies...unless the tens of millions that buy their games would suddenly be willing to quit supporting them (and not much chance of that happening, since I doubt random Madden buyer #2,836,598 would care that no new System Shock or Command and Conquer games will be made because of their actions).

Muppet
09-23-05, 03:58 AM
Yea... I hate EA too. To think back in the 90's they were my favorite company. Thats when they had good games. Now, they have just gotten too big for their own good.

Unfortunately, I love BF2.
Ahmen to that one brother :)