PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! New 6600 Fried?!!?!

mx125race
09-22-05, 10:36 PM
ok well this is great...i jsut got out of the shower, all the colors were fine. then i shut the computer off, and then back on and all the colors are screwed up. my graphics card is a PNY Verto GeForce 6600 256mb, not even 2 months old. I have a good PSU (antec smartpower400w) that offers nice cooling. I haven't done any major gaming yet until i get some more fans inside. my colors are like a shade of green, and red is like a blackish color. its really wierd. all the fans are working. all my pictures still are really clear (havent tried a game yet) its jsut the colors are messed up. what should i do. what could be the problem?

thanks!

john19055
09-23-05, 07:35 AM
Uninstall your driver and then reinstall them and were you overclocking the video card when it messed up.

mx125race
09-23-05, 09:34 AM
no, i dont overclock hardly anything...its all stock, ill try the driver thing...

EDIT: After installing the new drivers it doesnt look so bad, but the colors are still out of order. I tried the nView desktop manager, and adjusted the color correction thing, but all that did was make it look better, it didnt fix the problem. its wierd, this website, all the pics are right. and like on other websites most of the pics are the right color. its certain stuff where red is black and black is white, etc...

help plz

sharangad
09-23-05, 03:02 PM
its jsut the colors are messed up. what should i do. what could be the problem?
thanks!

How do you know 'tis not yer monitor?

mx125race
09-23-05, 04:26 PM
ill try reconnecting the monitor in the back...hold on. ill c if it works

yea my dell monitor has a test feature, so when u disconnect the monitor from the back it test the colors 4 u...i reconnected it and the colors are fine now...thank god. thanks 4 the help