PDA

View Full Version : A little help please.

Demanufakture
09-23-05, 12:55 AM
I just set up a new mobo. A Chaintech vnf3-250 nforce 3 250. The issue Im having, if I should call it that, is that my old mobo use to show in DXdiag that I had 1,024 mb of ram. Now it says, with the same ram, on my new setup that I have 1,022 mb. Is this normal on some boards? I also noticed that on this motherboard on my system tab in the control panel that is say cpu is at 2.21ghz and that I have 1.00 gb of ram. Is this normal? My board is at optimized defaults. It has been running just fine and hasn't crashed or frozen at all so I assume it's fine. But why would dxdiag say I have 1,022mb or ram when I should have 1.00gb(1,024 mb)?

rewt
09-23-05, 01:46 AM
Check the BIOS for any type of shared memory setting. For example, boards with onboard video usually have a setting that allows the video chipset to use a specified amount of system RAM.

jAkUp
09-23-05, 01:58 AM
Thats true in some cases, however, I do not think any of the nForce3 mobos have onboard video.

Anyways, yea thats normal. When I was running 1GB, my system properties said 1GB also.