PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly Low Power warning!

mustrum
09-23-05, 03:34 AM
I am using a Leadtek 6800 Ultra for a long time by now and suddenly it shuts itself down to low power mode! I haven't changed my system configuration at all . I also haven't installed any other drivers.
First thing i tried is removing all drivers. Installed neforce drivers from scratch and installed newest official nvidia forceware but no luck.
The card was not overclocked for a long time since it powerful enough @default.
I had no problems to run it way overclocked when i want it too though.
PSU is a OCZ Modstream 520. Should be more then good enough for the system (in sig).

It can't be a temperature issue either since the card is watercooled and idling at 40 degrees. (Load just above 50.)

Is my card dying (again)?

Muppet
09-23-05, 03:49 AM
That's the same thing i had happen when i had my 6800Ultra and even now my 7800s.I have 2 x 520 Powerstreams, i usually found that an update on drivers would fix this, there are some versions that have the low power mode bug in them.Have you tried the 78.03s i haven't had any problems with these so far.

mustrum
09-23-05, 04:31 AM
That's the same thing i had happen when i had my 6800Ultra and even now my 7800s.I have 2 x 520 Powerstreams, i usually found that an update on drivers would fix this, there are some versions that have the low power mode bug in them.Have you tried the 78.03s i haven't had any problems with these so far.
Tried the 78.03 now butno luck.
Also switched power connectiors around allready.

Edit: This makes just no sense at all. I just played EvE Online for like 1 hour without a problem. Then i quite the game and suddenly i get the low power message. If that damn card has juice for 3d it should have enough in 2D as well. I let run Rivatuner to be sure it runs at full in 3D.

Buggy crap.

john19055
09-23-05, 07:06 AM
Do you have another power supply to try ,to make sure it is'nt the power supply going bad,I have'nt had any trouble out of my PowerStream but they do go bad sometimes.

mustrum
09-23-05, 09:03 AM
Don't have another but i got a multimeter and the rails are rockstable idle and under heavy load.
I reinstalled Windows allready with no luck.

mustrum
09-24-05, 09:23 AM
Is there a hacked bios without the damn low power functionality maybe?

bmwaaron
09-24-05, 02:47 PM
Im getting the same issue now. I have a BFG 6800 Ultra agp and now for some reason Im getting the low power warning. It seams to happen when Im just running little programs like solitare. I play BF2 for a few hours with no interuption but then I will be looking at a website and all the sudden I have low power. I have been watching my voltage when it happens and it doesnt seem to be low. I just installed the latest drivers and still have the problem. At what point does that error message come on? when the voltage slips below a certain number or is it something else? I have an Antec true power 480w.

jAkUp
09-24-05, 03:22 PM
I used to have that Problem when I had an enermax 470w noisetaker, I upgraded to an enermax 600w noisetaker.. and I had the SAME problem!!! I bought a PC Power and Cooling and never saw it again. This was with my 6800 Ultra.

SigmaOrionis
09-24-05, 03:34 PM
Maybe the power regulation on the card itself is messing up. If you checked the voltages with a multimeter and there fine. Then the problem is not with the PSU but what the card is doing with the power after it gets it.

I dont see how it could be a driver problem if you've tried other known good drivers.

Can you RMA the card?

Muppet
09-24-05, 05:09 PM
When i got the warning it was in the debug settings, but not the destop warning. All i got was L1 > L1 that's the only way i new it was entering low power mode.I'm still pretty sure it was a driver bug.

john19055
09-24-05, 08:12 PM
The only time I ever got it was when I was useing a TruePower 430Watt,but after updateing to my PowerStream it all went away,Is it possable that the newer drivers could cause it ,I was still useing the 77.13 drivers and had no problems but I have'nt tried the newer drivers with it yet,Have you tried some of the older drivers and see if you still get it,although I would'nt think the drivers would cause it.

mustrum
09-25-05, 05:04 AM
It'S defiantly not drivers since this happened on a configuration i ran for months straight. Didn't chage a thing. Just suddenly started that crap. Also reinstalled windows and tried 3 different driver sets.
Sometime i get the box right when i login my windows user sometimes after like 20 minutes playing a game.
As i allready said it can't be the PSU.
Looks liek the power regulators of my 6800U are messed up.
:mad:

keith33
09-25-05, 06:42 AM
Will Leadtek accept an RMA after you've hard the card for so long? (Especially if its at stock)

mustrum
09-25-05, 09:28 AM
Will Leadtek accept an RMA after you've hard the card for so long? (Especially if its at stock)
I dunno.
Probably i am just screwed.