PDA

View Full Version : Yay! I got it!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jAkUp
09-23-05, 11:08 PM
The Fatal1ty Card that is ;) I couldn't wait for Best Buy anymore... so I just got it at Frys :D

The card has a floppy power connector... I'm not sure if you need that if your not using the live drive... but I'm using it anyways.

And now the bad news, since creative wants to wait until next month to ship their x64 drivers, that means tonight I have to reinstall x32 :( Bah, I just wanna play.

Sorry for the horrible picture.. but here it is, oh yea, when its installed, a little F lights up on the card... looks kinda cool :)

Sazar
09-23-05, 11:11 PM
How much do you make @ this place you work at?

Hell I have to budget for a month or two in advance to balance between savings, bills and my cats and THEN I think about hardware upgrades :D

They hiring? :angel:

jAkUp
09-23-05, 11:15 PM
I live at home :D
I have no cellphone, I do not have a car payment since its payed off... I do pay insurance though... just liability however...

I make 10.50 an hour :( bah

Sazar
09-23-05, 11:18 PM
Ah. Ok, thats makes sense :D

If I didn't have to pay for my place and cars I think I would be able to do the same :D

Anyways, keep us posted on the improvements of this card, if any.

keith33
09-23-05, 11:18 PM
Please post your impressions vs the 2ZS, I'm in the same boat right now and considering upgrading to the Fatal1ty. Looks like a nice card from the pic you posted. Enjoy :)

overheat
09-23-05, 11:34 PM
Damn you Jakup :D at least I have an X2 and you dont :p
just joking

congrat on your new sound card and as soon as they have it here in Canada Im getting one

jAkUp
09-24-05, 12:10 AM
Ok guys, installing BF2 now... I didn't use the drivers and app off the CD, I just grabbed the latest off of Creatives site and it worked great. :)

OWA
09-24-05, 12:21 AM
Congrats. I wish there was a Frys in my area. :(

jAkUp
09-24-05, 12:30 AM
Wow.

Seriously guys, this thing is ****ing awesome. I went from an Audigy, to an Audigy 2... then an Audigy 2 ZS, and never really saw anything huge. This is quite an upgrade.

The overall sound quality has improved slightly, but what I really notice is the depth, and the positioning. Everything just sounds like it should. If you are using speakers, things that are far away, sound far away. Its kinda hard to explain, but I could damn near tell you what was going on if I had no display.

Headphones have improved tremendously. It sounds completely like surround sound. Again, the depth, and positioning is dead on.

Yea its an expensive upgrade. Is it worth the cash? Well.. for me it is. For somebody else, maybe not. If you value audio, and you just want the most immersive sound in a game. I think its worth it.

Keep in mind the only game I have tried so far is BF2, I set the audio quality to maximum, and set the card type to X-Fi.

jAkUp
09-24-05, 12:32 AM
Oh yea, when I put the headphones on, I got that weird tingly feeling when I was playing... I only get that when something really impresses me.. hahah I remember that with quake2 and my voodoo2

OWA
09-24-05, 12:32 AM
That's good to hear especially the good headphone support. Did your framerates change using the max audio mode in BF2?

jAkUp
09-24-05, 12:34 AM
I can't really say because I am still waiting for my OCZ memory to return... Right now I am stuck on XMS @ DDR 400...

DSC
09-24-05, 12:38 AM
jAkUp, turn off Crystalizer crap. Best hint ever for any X-Fry user. :p

It's not worth the price, because the $129 Xtrememusic card is 99% similar to the Platinum and Fatal1ty, except the Fatal1ty has 64MB of RAM vs 2MB on the Xtrememusic. You don't gain much by buying the Platinum or the Fatal1ty, both are a waste of money. Only the Elite Pro with the premium CS4398 DACs and 64MB of RAM is worth anything, but that one is way overpriced also just like the Fatal1ty.

jAkUp
09-24-05, 02:02 AM
The 24 bit Crystalizer is disabled by default :)

SH64
09-24-05, 02:16 AM
Cool you might aswell try some EXA 4.0 titles & see if theres a difference in sound quality & framerate.

DoomUK
09-24-05, 04:32 AM
Oh yea, when I put the headphones on, I got that weird tingly feeling when I was playing... I only get that when something really impresses me.. hahah I remember that with quake2 and my voodoo2

I know that feeling... It's few and far between.

Congrats on your new card. I only got my Audigy 2 ZS Plat (upgraded from an Audigy 2 Plat) a couple of months ago so I'm not quite ready for an upgrade in the sound department yet...

SH64
09-24-05, 08:37 AM
I have no cellphone

Sorry for being OT , but how can you live without a cell phone ??! :eek:

Mr_LoL
09-24-05, 10:05 AM
Is it worth getting this without that xram or does it make a difference to games.

Skinner
09-24-05, 10:20 AM
Is it worth getting this without that xram or does it make a difference to games.

Yeah, I like to know what difference that Xram makes and is the fps up?

jAkUp
09-24-05, 10:44 AM

Its hard to say right now... only 1 game uses it right now and it doesnt use it very well from what I hear. BF2 is the only game that cache's to X-Ram. When the X-Fi version of UT2004 comes out we should see a bigger difference.

Mr_LoL
09-24-05, 11:18 AM
Looks like the basic soundcard will do me fine. Ebay here i come.

OWA
09-24-05, 01:25 PM
Well, I got tired of waiting for fatal1ty so I bought the Xtreme Music version. I'll just move it to my second computer once Best Buy gets the fatal1ty version in stock.

superklye
09-24-05, 01:27 PM
You suck, jAk!

Roliath
09-24-05, 01:30 PM
The dev's have to code to game to make use of the Xram. As of right now, BF2 is the only game to make use of it, but more games will follow.

superklye
09-24-05, 01:35 PM
There is, from what I've read here, a version of UT2k4 coming out that will take advantage of it as well.