PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of stuttering..

MaverickHunterX
09-24-05, 04:03 PM
I have searched quite extensivly in many forums including this one, and I now would like to see if anyone has a solution to this form of stuttering.

Im sorry if this has been posted in a thread before, I've search quite a bit tho.

Well, I have a 6800 Ultra, and have used many different Drivers, almost all in the last 6 months and still run into the same problems. I have used Riva Tuner, complete driver uninstall apps, to no avail.

The stuttering only exists within certain prerendered scenes, (like the ones at the beginning of a game showing the developer, or a game intro scene like in Painkiller or Prince of Persia.) It spans aross almost any game in the same type of sequences.
Gameplay engines runs perfect and up to par with what my card is suppost to be.

I'm stumped! It doesnt make sense.. :confused: ..thank you for any answers..

SigmaOrionis
09-24-05, 04:16 PM
I know exactly what your talking about.

Those are Bink videos. The only game that I have this problem in is Painkiller. Other games that use Bink for Intros like BF1942, UT2004, BF2 all play fine.
I've tried everything to fix it. I tried taking the Bink.exe from BF1942 and replacing it with the one in the Painkiller folder. This didnt work. I finally just gave up since it really doesnt affect anything and most times I skip these type of videos in games anyways.

MaverickHunterX
09-24-05, 04:19 PM
Someone that has a similar issue!

Your right, I skip them to, but like in Prince of Persia, you cant skip the intro! Its almost impossible to get through it. I think thats what made me start to invesigate it.

Explains to why I couldnt find anything on it since I diddnt know the type of video.

OWA
09-24-05, 05:04 PM
Try some of the more popular no-cd sites. They usually have a no intro patch. Just doing a quick check, I saw one for the Prince of Persia 2 but not for PoP. I only checked one site though.

jAkUp
09-24-05, 05:05 PM
I had that same issue with POP. I havent tried it since I got my 7800's

MaverickHunterX
09-24-05, 05:08 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that no-intro patch...

Hmm, I wonder if Nvida will patch this issue soon, it seems to be really an issue if it spans across many games.

Kojiro
09-25-05, 03:49 PM
Have you tried diabiling all unused services, apps, and installing more ram?

A lot of games now days are memory hogs. Plus the more memory you got, the more stuff Widnows is going to load in it. You have to disable un used apps, services to free up your memory and processing cycles.

CaptNKILL
09-25-05, 04:26 PM
In almost every game I have, I just find the intro videos in the game's folder and delete or move them. Works for me.

WimpMiester
09-25-05, 11:22 PM
Video/Movie performance issues can be caused by AGP Fastwrites being off and sometimes the AGP Apeture size being too large or too small.