PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking, a memory speed question.

icedragn
09-24-05, 04:20 PM
Well i got my modded bios from Jimmor and he had the 2d memory set to the same as the 3d, im wondering if it is better to have the 2d at stock, 700mhz? or is it better to have it running at 910mhz same as 3d so the memory isnt switching back and forth all the time? :S i just dunno, just sound like 700 would prolong the life because its needlessly doing 910 on memory in 2d. Thanks for any replies.

OWA
09-24-05, 04:59 PM
At one point, with some of the 6800 series, having the 2D and 3D set to the same thing helped with lock-up issues and/or stuttering. What card do you have? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try setting 2D back to stock settings to see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, just go back to having them set the same.

icedragn
09-24-05, 06:13 PM
At one point, with some of the 6800 series, having the 2D and 3D set to the same thing helped with lock-up issues and/or stuttering. What card do you have? Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try setting 2D back to stock settings to see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, just go back to having them set the same.

forgot i didnt make a sig on this site, check sig now :p, will try 700 and see how it goes then, also i have a Via K8T800Pro chipset so there shouldnt be a stuttering problem like with the nforce 3

john19055
09-24-05, 09:05 PM
It is best to keep them the same since it helps keep you card from pauses and lockup ,and since 2D does'nt put as much strain on it as 3D does,I would keep them the same.

toxikneedle
09-24-05, 09:11 PM
I didn't know you could have seperate clock speeds for 2d/3d for memory.... I always thought it was core only.

john19055
09-24-05, 09:26 PM
You can use OmniExtremeEdit FX to set your voltages and to set you 2D and 3D clocks to what ever you want to set them at.

icedragn
09-25-05, 03:06 AM
It is best to keep them the same since it helps keep you card from pauses and lockup ,and since 2D does'nt put as much strain on it as 3D does,I would keep them the same.

Aight, will keep them the same. Wasnt really planning on setting them to 700 but was wondering if it would be better. Although the genius we all know as Jimmor had them set to 910 same as 3d so there had to be a reason, otherwise why not use 700? Thanks guys, will leave them at 910 :D, happy gaming.