PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

Sazar
09-24-05, 09:50 PM
I saw ads for this, it looks almost like a Role-playing/hand to hand combat game version of the regular MK setup.

Graphics looked great but is it really a free-for all setup or is it still 1-1 arena based?

Does anyone have any added info on this?

:)

jAkUp
09-24-05, 09:53 PM
Its an RPG... like that Sub Zero game a while back.. hehe.

See? Ed Boon likes me :D

Mr. Hunt
09-24-05, 09:55 PM
From what I know (not much) it is an action game along the lines of GoW or DMC... basically you go around and beat up people (multiple people) and there is even a coop (or koop LOLZ!!!!) mode. You play either Liu Kang or Kung Lao (although I hear there are other unlockable characters) and you fight bosses and whatnot which varies (I know there is a fight with just baraka and I saw one with Kitana, Jade, and Mileena).

I have been hearing it is quite good, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet... being overwhelmed with things I need to buy :\.

Sazar
09-24-05, 09:56 PM
Sounds interesting :D

Sazar
09-24-05, 09:57 PM

:eek:

WATCH OUT FOR NOOB SAIBOT

:eek:

Bad_Boy
09-24-05, 10:03 PM
it kinda reminds me of a god of war mixed with the mortal kombat storyline. I'm loving it so far.

you could say its a action rpg almost, everytime you kill you gain experience points which you must use to get better and cooler moves. very similar to the way god of war did it with the moves/weapon upgrades.

the combo's and fatalities are all there. even the turkey gobble sounds with the sound of the guy in the purple shirt who used to pop up on the screen. hell, even "test your might is back". im playing through with kung lao, but i think lui kang has the uppercut. next to fatalities, brutalities are there, and boy are they sweet. :D lots of gibs

its cool how you can use the levels to your advantage and sometimes you must solve many puzzles using them. weapons are there also. knock a enemy into the spikes or lava for example.

It's not really 1 on 1 unless your in versus mode. there are many unlockables in story mode and the story actually isnt that bad. the longtime value is there, im playing with 1 player but it would be interesting to go back with "ko-op" with a friend to get some more unlockables.

i dont think its worth 50, but it is a must rent. hands down id say its the best offsprings of the mortal kombats. meaning the best mk game where its not 1 on 1 versus. (remember sub zero's game? lol) its gotten good reviews, check them if you dont beleive me. hey, maybe even possibly one of the best mk's period. if your a big mk fan, id say buy it!

many boss fights also, with some story line twists that even i didnt know about. noob saibot related to the 2nd sub-zero?? ok ill shutup...

trying not to spoil anything for you, but...im on the last level and its so freakin hard, gotta go up against shang tsung, kintaro, and shao khan back to back to back w/ little life left. :(

i think its a underrated game, many people havent been talking about it but it's actually pretty fun.

Mr. Hunt
09-24-05, 10:09 PM
Think there are "Koop fatalities" also.

Bad_Boy
09-24-05, 10:12 PM
yeah, there are. theres alot of "ko-op" combo moves also. I just havent been able to do much ko-op yet. I will try it with a friend, after i beat it.

GamerGuyX
09-25-05, 04:28 AM
OH MY ****ING GOD!!!!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!

I haven't posted much at all recently because me and my buddy have been playing Shaolin Monks non-stop! This game is just FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! I have always been a huge Mortal Kombat fan but my friend hasn't so as you can see, the game appeals to everybody. I also love it a lot because it fills in a LOT of the plot holes left in the other MK games.

Anyways I must say, if you have any interest in this game buy it now it is great! :D

even the turkey gobble sounds with the sound of the guy in the purple shirt who used to pop up on the screen.

The guy that is famous in Mortal Kombat for shouting "Toasty!" is named Dan Forden. He is the composer of Mortal Kombat's soundtrack and music.

six_storm
09-25-05, 07:56 AM

See? Now you're just showing off! :D