PDA

View Full Version : Need help PC wont start up

Dasneak
09-25-05, 02:56 PM
Hey i just purchased a DFI lanparty NF4 SLI DR motherboard and a athlon 64 3000 and a geforce 7800 GTX when i start it up it restarts when it goes into windows loading screen and it just keeps restarted doesnt even give windows a chance to load what could be the problem?

Processor:
Athlon 64 3000 939
Operating System:
Windows XP SP2
Mobo:
DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
RAM:
1GB Supertalent DDR400
Video:
Geforce 7800 GTX EVGA
Storage:
120GB maxtor HD 7200RPMS
Audio:
Sounds blaster audigy 2ZS

I also have a 400 watt powersupply ATX 12V

|MaguS|
09-25-05, 03:04 PM
Its your PSU most likely...

saturnotaku
09-25-05, 03:06 PM
It's probably the power supply, but if not, then it's probably the RAM.

ViN86
09-25-05, 03:18 PM
yea, try runnin memtest86, if that passes a couple times, try a higher rated PSU.

Dasneak
09-25-05, 03:19 PM
I just changed the power supply and bought this one http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316281&pfp=BROWSE

Starscream
09-25-05, 03:23 PM
Did you simply upgrade your old computer with these new parts??

If so windows will need to be reinstalled.

Dasneak
09-25-05, 03:24 PM
Did you simply upgrade your old computer with these new parts??

If so windows will need to be reinstalled.

i have tried that already and it wont let me reinstall windows. I cant even get to a install screen.

Starscream
09-25-05, 03:37 PM
You've tried booting off of the xp cd, formatting the hard drive and then installing windows on it?

Dasneak
09-25-05, 03:48 PM
You've tried booting off of the xp cd, formatting the hard drive and then installing windows on it?

It just let me do that right now i booted from win xp CD rom and it is letting me format my HD hopefully it continues through setup and lets me install and run windows. :(

Peacemaker
09-25-05, 03:51 PM
I just changed the power supply and bought this one http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316281&pfp=BROWSE

Well... in my opinion - this PSU is not much better what is your PSU +12V power line ? You should get about 18A on it. And i can't see on this spec 24 PIN connector. If it's not a problem, try to get another power suply. I got a Q about memory - what configuration ? 4x256 or 2x512 ? And yes, you should check your memory by memtest (in DOS mode)

greetings,

Peacemaker.

Kojiro
09-26-05, 02:13 PM
PSU is not the problem. If there was, you would be smelling it by now. ;)

Frequent reboots are also the sign of a bad ground on the Outlet or even the house electrical system.

I believe his is not a manufacture error, but user error. And a very common one at that.

If it restarts during Windows Splash screen (it's on for few seconds or more before it reboots), then you got a software error. One of windows critical drivers is not loading. Reinstall windows, but check to see all your components are installed properly, and that you preped for installation properly.

If it restarts at the BIOS splash or right before Windows Splash. Then it's most likely a front pannel header error. Double check your front panel dongles to check if they are in the right location, and that they cover the right pins. Only LEDs need to be polarized (matching + and the -). A mis placed reset dongle on the header may send the computer into infinite reboots. :eek: