PDA

View Full Version : PD0 videos!

Pages : [1] 2

slick
09-25-05, 09:20 PM
Movie 1 (http://files.filefront.com/Perfect_Dark_Zero_movie_1/;4178588;;/fileinfo.html) (filefront)
Movie 2 (http://files.filefront.com/Perfect_Dark_Zero_movie_2/;4178600;;/fileinfo.html) (filefront)

Movies 1-5 (http://rapidshare.de/files/5536997/New_WinRAR_archive.rar.html) (rapidshare - RAR'd)

Bear in mind these are running on debugger kits, so the ragdoll and AI are a little sketchy, that aside, the game is absolutely GORGEOUS. The textures! The Lighting! THE EVERYTHING! NOVEMBER 22nd CAN NOT COME SOON ENOUGH!

Edge
09-25-05, 10:01 PM
Hmm, I was considering making a topic on this before, but the videos aren't very good quality so I decided not to. But anyway, they do look good (though I hate shakeycam footage), but the ragdolls definately need work. I'm not too worried though, since they'll probably fix those before it's released (those videos weren't even supposed to be made public anyway, so I'm not surprised there's still graphic glitches). But aside from that it looks pretty nice, the displacement mapping especially looks very nice.

Edit: Oh, and I just noticed: in the second video when Joanna goes up the ladder, the light actually seems to be filtered through her hair but it doesn't go through her head...is that the same effect (can't remember the name of it) that was used in the Nalu demo? It looks pretty nice, compared to the flat-looking hair that's in most games.

slick
09-25-05, 10:26 PM
Hmm, I was considering making a topic on this before, but the videos aren't very good quality so I decided not to. But anyway, they do look good (though I hate shakeycam footage), but the ragdolls definately need work. I'm not too worried though, since they'll probably fix those before it's released (those videos weren't even supposed to be made public anyway, so I'm not surprised there's still graphic glitches). But aside from that it looks pretty nice, the displacement mapping especially looks very nice.

Edit: Oh, and I just noticed: in the second video when Joanna goes up the ladder, the light actually seems to be filtered through her hair but it doesn't go through her head...is that the same effect (can't remember the name of it) that was used in the Nalu demo? It looks pretty nice, compared to the flat-looking hair that's in most games.

Awesome. :eek:

Watch the 5th video (the jungle one), look at the leaves when you get a close up of it. Every single one is individually bump mapped. So much detail. It's ridiculous.

overheat
09-25-05, 10:45 PM
look nice :D

sytaylor
09-26-05, 05:29 AM
Sleeper hit of the decade. The switching to 3rd person looks quite well done, reminds me of MGS more than anything. With the old console pick up and playbility of the N64 original, and many more moons to work on this title, things are looking up. I may even consider an X360 in the january sales.

Ruined
09-26-05, 08:50 AM
:eek:

oldsk00l
09-26-05, 08:56 AM
Hey, another babe thread w00t :D

msxyz
10-04-05, 12:44 PM
A new video has been released today after X05 opening speech.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/015/015335/vids_1.html

This game looks like it could use some more months of development. While everything shown about Kameo point towards this title being a killer application for the launch, PD0 seems still not ready for the market. I hope Microsoft at this point decides to delay its release. The hype surrounding PD0 is great and a less than stellar impression will damage not only Rare reputation but Xbox360, too.

Edge
10-04-05, 12:53 PM
Hmm, it's strange that they would release that video (or weren't they supposed to?), it seems like a very early draft of a cutscene (sound effects and music don't seem complete at all). But regardless, it would be nice if we could see some gameplay videos. The shakeycam footage looked good, it would be nice to see how it looks in full motion and resolution.

msxyz
10-04-05, 01:06 PM
[EDIT: Whoops wrong thread] News says that Kameo is finished and ready to go gold. Hopefully the rest of Rare can now concentrate on finishing this game in time.

Edge
10-04-05, 01:09 PM
Oooo, I've been wondering what Too Human looks like. You should put that in the X05 thread though ;)

msxyz
10-04-05, 01:12 PM
Done :) I've something like 10 windows opened and it looks like I messed up with the various threads :D

Ninjaman09
10-04-05, 01:17 PM
Looks awesome, kinda makes me want to preorder an X-Box 360. But MGS3 looks so much better.

Edge
10-04-05, 11:28 PM
Hmm, a few new PDØ videos up at IGN, but the non-streaming, good quality ones are insider only, bah. Don't suppose anyone knows of an "alternate source" for these videos ;)
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/015/015335/vids_1.html

LiquidX
10-05-05, 12:46 AM
Did she get ugly or what? That trailer which I think should have been done with the in game graphics did not impress me and also it did not have a climax and just seems to end. Very lack luster for a game of that calibur. PD is still the one game I am looking forward to though.

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 09:53 AM
I just watched the COOP video and while the graphics look better in the video then in many of the screenshots I was suprised to see how horrible the AI was... I mean its BAD, I hope its just because its an early version of the game but considering that they have a month left till the system launches I don't have much hope.

If you haven't see it, here it is...
http://xboxyde.com/news_2089_en.html

If you can't spot the part which the AI is bad or if your completly bias towards the game let me point it out. Its half way through the video, you will see her go in evade mode and have a shoot out with a bad guy... the NPC basically moves foward and backwards... never seeking cover or even running around to corner to her... the worse part is that there are two of his buddies just standing there 10' away not doing anything... no movement or even a turn of the head.

But I gotta say graphics have improved since the screens I have seen... still nothing jaw dropping though.

overheat
10-05-05, 11:55 AM
magus you must be the only member here that almost all of his post are negative lol

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 11:58 AM
Hey, I said the graphics looked good... but theres no way I can say the AI is any good from that video. If you disagree and say the AI is good then your just blind or to bias to be fair.

overheat
10-05-05, 12:00 PM
you might be right but it seem you always got something to complain about :p

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 12:02 PM
Yeah... Im not good at acceptance. I have high standards, my roommate complains about it alot. Everytime we go play a game or to a movie, I have something negative to pick at it (even serenity which I loved I found things to complain about).

overheat
10-05-05, 12:03 PM
Well at least Im sure the game your gonna be working on will be great :) ( you work for EA if im not mistaking?)

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 12:06 PM
Well atleast my part of the code wont be as flawed (I don't have much choice in gameplay and design aspects).

back to watching "Iron Chef" on TiVo...

russ_3d
10-05-05, 12:18 PM
tell you what ive got to complain about - that rapidshare thing never letting me have any of its damn files.

'user downloaded 40megs in 1 hour' - upgrade to premium to get file :confused:
'user downloading file already' - upgrade to premium to get file :confused:

how do you get the damn rapidshare thing to work properly?

slick
10-05-05, 02:15 PM
Russ, you can only download a file every 1 hour from rapidshare.

Personally I am going to have to agree with Magus on the AI. They looked like downright dumbasses. So far the only launch games that have really caught my interest have been Oblivion and PGR3, but that's not enough for me to buy one. I'll personally be waiting for Halo 3 to get a 360 (and lauching into a new PC endeavor in the mean time). I am a MP *****, and the 360 has yet to offer anything that really looks like a MP game that I'll enjoy on Live for a while. Back to Source with a new PC for me. :p

|MaguS|
10-05-05, 02:19 PM
Holy crap! Me and Slick agreed on something! /faints