PDA

View Full Version : A warning to all ECS A754 owners

anzak
09-28-05, 10:28 AM
Recently ECS released a new bios version 1.0h. After flashing my bios and restarting the system I get a BIOS ROM Checksum error. Since the BIOS failed there is no way to reflash it back to 1.0b. I'm gonna call ECS after I get home from school and see if they will send me a replacement since it was their bios which screwed up my system. Until then I'm forced to use my old Chaintech board and Radeon 9000. *sigh*

If anyone owns this board, avoid these bios.

AthlonXP1800
09-28-05, 11:54 PM
I been flashed my uncle's ECS K7S5A motherboard BIOSes and restarted PC with the new BIOS first time. I did get BIOS Checksum error too, accorded to the manual and instructions from ECS website about this issue and the only way to fix it is to go into BIOS and load default settings and save it then restart PC and then the BIOS Checksum error were gone, the error wasnt here when restarted PC second time. I am sure this will help you. :)

Starscream
09-29-05, 12:22 AM
This is perfectly normal behaviour for the vast majority of motherboards.

Just go into the bios set it up the way you want save and you're set.

anzak
09-29-05, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the tips! The problem is I can't get into the bios. I've also tried reseting the CMOS, but that didn't work.

I'm gonna call ECS today. Hopefully they can send me a new board or at least fix this one.