PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Z-5500 5.1 wont output properly with onboard RealTek audio

LiquidX
09-30-05, 05:44 PM
Well I was not going to use the onboard sound but to my surprise its not bad at all. However I cannot get the my RealTek oboard sound on my new NF4 board to output properly to my speakers. For instance the center channel is outputting to the side speakers and the sub is outputting to the center. Any help is appreciated.

superklye
09-30-05, 05:46 PM
I hate to ask the obvious, but you DID plug the speakers into the woofer/receiver in the correct spots, right?

LiquidX
09-30-05, 05:52 PM
Yep and I am sure I did because I was able to get 5.1 with my Audigy 2 and the speakers work properly outside of 5.1.

sharangad
09-30-05, 06:02 PM
Well I was not going to use the onboard sound but to my surprise its not bad at all. However I cannot get the my RealTek oboard sound on my new NF4 board to output properly to my speakers. For instance the center channel is outputting to the side speakers and the sub is outputting to the center. Any help is appreciated.

Mebbe the stereo mini-plugs are wired differently for the nForce mobo. You could rewire the connectors on the subwoofer until they sound right?

Peoples-Agent
09-30-05, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I have had that problem before..... it turned out that I had to swap the black and orange connectors on the back of the pc, if u get me. Worked fine then.

There is also an option in the Realtek control panel to reverse sub and centre for this very same reason I should imagine. Small check box.

LiquidX
09-30-05, 06:26 PM
Dont think I would take that risk sharangad.

Yeah, I have had that problem before..... it turned out that I had to swap the black and orange connectors on the back of the pc, if u get me. Worked fine then.

There is also an option in the Realtek control panel to reverse sub and centre for this very same reason I should imagine. Small check box.

But oddly this fixed my problem, I switched the black with orange and it works now. Every strange you would have to do this but as long as it works. Thanks Peoples-Agent.

Dazz
10-01-05, 04:46 AM
You have to use Realtek drivers to get spdif out unless you have a DFi board in which case you get to nVIDIA audio codec with the jumper onboard. nVidia drivers won't use optical otherwise. Also you may have to change jack around as it is one diffrently due to the decoder.