PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with 6800GTs....

Pilau
10-01-05, 09:19 AM
Ok so in the last month my computer has been getting artifacts and weird checkerboarding with my Evga 6800GT. I figured it was heating issues and wrote it off after they stopped for a while. Well recently they came back with a force, to the point where I couldn't even get into windows. I guessed it was my card because my friend brought his 6800vanilla over and I put it in and it worked fine. So I set up my RMA with evga and go to best buy and buy a 6800GT that I plan on returning when my RMA is completed.

I put it in and the same **** happens. ?_? So, I uninstall drivers repeatedly and reinstall and try different versions, rollbacks etc, and it still happens. The new 6800GT and my old 6800GT both work in safe mode and windows XP's regular mode IF the forceware drivers arent installed. As soon as I do that, I get massive problems. This is even after a fresh format after I suspected some registry inconsistancies. I'm not even sure what to say really, because I have no idea what is causing this. help ;_;

lumpyhed
10-01-05, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Pilau] I guessed it was my card because my friend brought his 6800vanilla over and I put it in and it worked fine. So I set up my RMA with evga and go to best buy and buy a 6800GT

I put it in and the same **** happens./QUOTE]

Just thinking, possibly your PSU? Because i know my vanilla did not have any external power cable whilst the GT range defo does. Its worth a try anyways.

Pilau
10-01-05, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=Pilau] I guessed it was my card because my friend brought his 6800vanilla over and I put it in and it worked fine. So I set up my RMA with evga and go to best buy and buy a 6800GT

I put it in and the same **** happens./QUOTE]

Just thinking, possibly your PSU? Because i know my vanilla did not have any external power cable whilst the GT range defo does. Its worth a try anyways.

His has the power cable plugin as well. I thought it might be my PSU but why only act up when I install the drivers? I didn't even get to change the color display or resolution.

rohit
10-02-05, 02:44 AM
Try your 6800GT in your fren's rig. Check if it gets the same artifacts.
If not, then i assume its your mobo. or yes maybe the PSU.