PDA

View Full Version : 20 minute Oblivion Gameplay Movie!

slick
10-01-05, 08:06 PM
*EXCESSIVE DROOLING*

MUCH thanks to Bendak for this video. He is my savior.
http://hosted.filefront.com/bendak

Mr. Hunt
10-01-05, 08:07 PM
Bah... to the other thread with THEE!!

russ_3d
10-01-05, 08:14 PM
yeah. in the other thread us lot are already level 10. slick doesnt deserve a pointy hat :p

SH64
10-03-05, 05:39 AM
Is there any other place to download it from other than FF ?

msxyz
10-03-05, 07:32 AM
There are some Torrent seeds

|MaguS|
10-03-05, 01:31 PM
WoW, I was so not impressed with the video... Sure the graphics looked great (glow got annoying in the beginning though) for the most part but the performance sucked. The animation and NPCs looked really poor aswell, I mean (flame suit on!) HL2 has better NPC and Animations.

Combat looked as boring as Morrowind and the "Radiant AI" was nothing special (NPC still walked into eachother or objects, One NPC forgets about you as soon as she invites you up stairs, NPC Guards wont progress unless you are with them).

evilchris
10-03-05, 01:43 PM
lol....

I want to make a Magus X360 comment generator...

|MaguS|
10-03-05, 01:50 PM
I never even mentioned any console, If it was for the PC my comments wouldn't have changed...

msxyz
10-03-05, 02:25 PM
Yes animations are weak, as they were in Morrowind.

As a longtime fan of TES games, I think that the obvious flaws that plagued all TES games are outweighted by the fully interactive and open world at disposal of the player.

NPCs may repeat the same trite sentences all over again, combat may be weak (though TES games are not designed as action-RPGs) but I value true freedom of movement and above all.

As for the RAI issues and poor interactivity, I reserve my judgement until I can play the game. Keep in mind that the RAI demostration was assembled to show as many features as possible in a couple of minutes. For what I've seen, it looks already like a huge improvement: having NPCs that wander and interact with the environment (although in a basic fashion) instead of stalking the same place for all the game looks already a great success to me.

Zelda_fan
10-03-05, 02:30 PM
oh my goodness....

I cannot believe that after seeing that video anyone would say it is disappointing.

Lame animations? Compared to what? Shrek? The animations aren't revolutionary I admit, but they are damn good for a video game. I disagree and think that Oblivion's animations are better than HL2. And not only that, but this is a video of footage taken several months ago. There is a good chance the animations have gotten even better.

I totally disagree with you about combat and Radiant AI as well.

slick
10-03-05, 02:48 PM
I never even mentioned any console, If it was for the PC my comments wouldn't have changed...

It is for the PC...

WoW, I was so not impressed with the video... Sure the graphics looked great (glow got annoying in the beginning though) for the most part but the performance sucked. The animation and NPCs looked really poor aswell, I mean (flame suit on!) HL2 has better NPC and Animations.

Combat looked as boring as Morrowind and the "Radiant AI" was nothing special (NPC still walked into eachother or objects, One NPC forgets about you as soon as she invites you up stairs, NPC Guards wont progress unless you are with them).

Combat looked much more impressive then Morrowing, very much enhanced by the physics. Block is now optional even with a shield, and you can block with two handed swords. Radiant AI was awesome aswell. NPC's react to the environment around them instead of EVERYTHING they do being scripted with some if then's thrown in. I agree that the animations look a little stiff, but this is a 5 month old build. Hopefully they've worked on that a bit.

SH64
10-03-05, 11:44 PM
Dont get me wrong , but after seeing the video .. this game is getting into the top spot of my "must-have" list .. yes even above FEAR & QIV :drooling: :drooling:
simply fantastic stuff.

Mr. Hunt
10-03-05, 11:51 PM
Dont get me wrong , but after seeing the video .. this game is getting into the top spot of my "must-have" list .. yes even above FEAR & QIV :drooling: :drooling:
simply fantastic stuff.

Well it has been the same for me too but not because of this video... just because I know the game will be huge and FEAR and QIV will probably be rather short and won't have a huge amount of exploration... but Morrowind is a game I can still pickup and play and find new stuff... and I can't wait for the awesome mods we will be seeing probably real soon after Oblivion is released...

SH64
10-03-05, 11:58 PM
Well it has been the same for me too but not because of this video... just because I know the game will be huge and FEAR and QIV will probably be rather short and won't have a huge amount of exploration... but Morrowind is a game I can still pickup and play and find new stuff... and I can't wait for the awesome mods we will be seeing probably real soon after Oblivion is released...

Agreed.
what made that video so interesting for me is seeing everything i've read about in action .. like the NPCs life simulation & physics.
i so hope to see the game on shelves soon!

Vagrant Zero
10-04-05, 03:19 AM
Lame animations? Compared to what? Shrek? The animations aren't revolutionary I admit, but they are damn good for a video game. I disagree and think that Oblivion's animations are better than HL2. And not only that, but this is a video of footage taken several months ago. There is a good chance the animations have gotten even better.

If you think Oblivion has better animations than HL2 you need to get your face out of your car's exhuast. And this coming from somone who eagerly looks forward to one day reading the news title "Valve burns to the ground in all consuming fire, Gabe left the toaster on overnight"

With that said I'd have to say I was very impressed with what I saw with the exception of the animations [which suck goatse] and the shadows which seem to be non existant inside cities. And that Radiant AI system looks great.