PDA

View Full Version : Forceware drivers, application controlled or off

Vamp
10-02-05, 06:44 AM
I dont really use AA or AF in games, and with the AA and AF settings in Nvidia Forceware drivers, am I right in saying that setting them to application controlled will allow me to change the In-Game AA/AF settings for a specific game? If I set them to off, does that mean that even if I change the in-game AA/AF settings, there wont be any AA/AF enabled?

Darkoz
10-02-05, 09:06 AM
Setting it to "application preference" will allow you to set the AA/AF in the game settings.
Usually, if the game settings have an AA/AF option then use that.
If the game doesn't have those options, then you can set it through the nVidia control Panel.

saturnotaku
10-02-05, 09:08 AM
You want to use the application to control AA and AF whenever possible (HL2, Trackmania Sunrise and FEAR among others).

lee63
10-02-05, 09:23 AM
Can you still use supersample and multisample in NV CP when you are using AF and AA in game, will they work together?

Vamp
10-02-05, 10:12 AM
If I set AA/AF to off, would that mean that even in game I wouldnt be able to change the ingame settings?

Peoples-Agent
10-02-05, 10:34 AM
Yeah, that's right.... anything in the nv panel overwrites whatever you set ingame.

zoomy942
10-02-05, 11:09 AM
You want to use the application to control AA and AF whenever possible (HL2, Trackmania Sunrise and FEAR among others).

he's right. except that no games have Quincunx as an option :(

Tabs
10-02-05, 06:49 PM
Can you still use supersample and multisample in NV CP when you are using AF and AA in game, will they work together?

Yeah you can set the regular multisample AA mode in the game and then force the transparency MS or SS in the control panel and they'll work together...