PDA

View Full Version : Getting a little tired of waiting for Dell . . .

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

six_storm
10-02-05, 05:48 PM
That's right, I wish they would go ahead and release an awesome coupon on their monitors pretty soon. I've been lusting over the 2005FPW and 2405FPW for MONTHS now and now that I can finally buy one, Dell has to give out crappy coupons or discounts. The cheapest I can get it down to is around $550 but that's ridiculous. The peeps over at [H] tell me that I should talk to a Small Business rep from Dell and talk them down in price. Think I should do it?

muaddib
10-02-05, 06:02 PM
Holiday season is just around the corner... Wait a lil' bit longer.

toxikneedle
10-02-05, 06:11 PM
I got mine for 470 with shipping on ebay (brand new) in august. Have been enjoying my 2005 ever since. I'm not a patient person and there was just a coupon to get for 370 the week before I bought mine. So I knew there wouldnt be another for a while. But yeah, holidays are around the corner so I'm sure new coupons should be out soon.

six_storm
10-02-05, 07:15 PM
Just looking around the net and the last time Dell had a pretty good sale on their monitors was the end of July so maybe they'll be pumping out some nice coupons soon. It's funny but the best deals were got from calling the Small Business rep and negotiating the price down. I've seen someone getting a 2005FPW for $409 shipped! That's the kind of deal I'm lookin for.

superklye
10-02-05, 07:32 PM
Back in like June or so, it was down to like $380 shipped I believe. The cheapest the 2405 got was, I think, $703. I'm saving up for one of those since now, in SLi, I can't have more than one monitor and one monitor at 1280x1024 is nowhere near enough desktop space for me anymore. I feel so cramped.

Damn being poor!

ViN86
10-02-05, 07:43 PM
yea my computer store on campus has a 2405fp on display. i just think about jackin it everytime i see it, hahahaha. too bad my morals are too good for that

six_storm
10-02-05, 07:55 PM
yea my computer store on campus has a 2405fp on display. i just think about jackin it everytime i see it, hahahaha. too bad my morals are too good for that

Haha! I haven't seen the 2405 in person but once I saw the 2005, I fell in love instantly. And one of the coolest things about it is that I can hook my XBOX up to it! Now I won't have to stand up in my bonus room to play Burnout or Madden 06.

BTW, I'm talking to a lady at Dell Home Office department and she is checking on the "lowest prices" for both the 2405 and 2005. On hold . . .

six_storm
10-02-05, 08:07 PM
Ok, this lady quoted me $532.95 shipped (it's also with the 22% coupon online already). This is the best price that I've seen so far but she was saying that the price was only good until Thursday. Why do I have to be so impatient!? It's so hard not to bite the bullet.

Sazar
10-02-05, 08:48 PM
That's right, I wish they would go ahead and release an awesome coupon on their monitors pretty soon. I've been lusting over the 2005FPW and 2405FPW for MONTHS now and now that I can finally buy one, Dell has to give out crappy coupons or discounts. The cheapest I can get it down to is around $550 but that's ridiculous. The peeps over at [H] tell me that I should talk to a Small Business rep from Dell and talk them down in price. Think I should do it?

Typically you have to establish proof that you are a small business owner in order to take advantage of the small business pricing. Otherwise there is no reason to have that department in the first place. The prices are set, negotiations can possibly be made for bulk purchases but individual purchases does not make business sense.

Secondly, Dell has revised its coupon policy. A lot of exclusive coupons were leaked to the internet for everyone to use even though they were specifically designed for only a few companies/organisations. Effectively fraud. Several coupons over the last week or so required proof to be provided in order to use the coupon.

The promo's dell runs for consumers typically go thursday thru wednesday the next week. That is why the price will likely be valid till wednesday typically, thursday at the latest if you have a quote.

Keep an eye out for some VALID coupons and take advantage of them if you can :) There are plenty of legit coupons dell releases to various online locations for consumers.

superklye
10-02-05, 09:05 PM
Ok, this lady quoted me $532.95 shipped (it's also with the 22% coupon online already). This is the best price that I've seen so far but she was saying that the price was only good until Thursday. Why do I have to be so impatient!? It's so hard not to bite the bullet.
You're talking about prices for the 2005, right? Because if you're about to get the 2405 for that, I will steal a car right now to get money to pay for it.

six_storm
10-02-05, 09:06 PM
Every coupon that I've seen have been legit since it's good for 3000 or so uses ya know? The lady I talked to got me a better deal than going online and using the 22% off coupon. I might wait another week or so to see if the price goes down any. I might also go ahead and get one if I can get it shipped for $500 max.

six_storm
10-02-05, 09:07 PM
You're talking about prices for the 2005, right? Because if you're about to get the 2405 for that, I will steal a car right now to get money to pay for it.

No, the 2005FPW. The lady quoted me over $1,000 for the 2405. YEA RIGHT! I don't think so.

superklye
10-02-05, 09:15 PM
Dude, do not pay more than $500 for that monitor. Hell, don't pay more than $450 for it. It's GOING to come down in price. It has been $150+ lower than what you're about to pay. They have their big deals at the end of every quarter...just wait a bit and see.

Check www.bensbargains.net , it used to be a good site, but recently it's been mostly Dell stuff. That's how I always find out about the monitor deals. Sooner or later there is going to be a really good deal and you're going to kick yourself. Technology always comes down in price and it'll be lower than what it once was. Just have some patience man. I know it sucks, but try a little longer! :)

six_storm
10-02-05, 09:20 PM
When does Dell's quarter end? I've heard the end of September or October. That's when they are supposed to have the real good coupons out online.

Sazar
10-02-05, 09:23 PM
Previous quarter ended the end of august IIRC.

j0j081
10-02-05, 10:38 PM
what's so great about these monitors? i hear everyone talking about them.

six_storm
10-02-05, 10:43 PM

They are some pretty nice quality monitors dude. Plus, they are widescreen hehe.

Mr_LoL
10-02-05, 11:28 PM
There is a nice samsung tft coming out soon i think i'll wait for that. Also why are tft's over 20 inches ugly? All the nice looking screens seem to be in the 17to 19 inch range.

Riptide
10-02-05, 11:39 PM
No, the 2005FPW. The lady quoted me over $1,000 for the 2405. YEA RIGHT! I don't think so.
I paid $1100 for my 2405... But I bought it 5 minutes after it showed up on their site. :p

Sazar
10-02-05, 11:46 PM
I paid $1100 for my 2405... But I bought it 5 minutes after it showed up on their site. :p

You coulda bought it 5 mins earlier if you'd emailed me :cool:

BrianG
10-03-05, 07:35 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=12493&d=1121131285

That is what's so great, heh.

Riptide
10-03-05, 09:11 AM
You coulda bought it 5 mins earlier if you'd emailed me :cool:
Well sure I guess but it would've been here the same day regardless.

I've seen this display for as little as $899. Let me tell you for that amount it's an absolute steal.

Mr_LoL
10-03-05, 09:49 AM
Well sure I guess but it would've been here the same day regardless.

I've seen this display for as little as $899. Let me tell you for that amount it's an absolute steal.

I have heard bad things about this display with regards to image quality. Whats the image quality on yours like? How is ghosting when playing games?

Riptide
10-03-05, 10:02 AM
IQ seems fine to me. It's the best of the LCDs I've owned so far, including 2000FP/2001FP/2005FPW.

There is motion blur in games. The only situations I've noticed it in so far is if I stand in front of a wall and strafe from side to side. During actualy gameplay, especially FPS, it isn't something that I can see. You really have to be looking for it in order to see it.

What have you heard?

ViN86
10-03-05, 10:17 AM
six_storm, sell your iBook and buy two, thats what i would do :p