PDA

View Full Version : Kotor2 hi-quality patch released

msxyz
10-03-05, 10:39 AM
Finally, after five month of silence, a patch "upgrading" the movies and music had been released.

If anyone wants to give Kotor 2 another try, at least now the music won't be anymore at 22KHz mono (!)

No thanks to Lucas for having released an half-assed game full of bugs and cut corners (ie the ending... What Ending ?)

You can get the patch off NZone... http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_kotor2_downloads.html It's not even hosted on the official LucasArts servers!

|MaguS|
10-03-05, 10:43 AM
Just music and movies? Not better textures?

SH64
10-03-05, 10:49 AM
Not better textures?
:(

msxyz
10-03-05, 10:53 AM
Just music and movies? Not better textures?
Nope, only updated bink videos and soundtracks. The music patch weights about 200MB, the videos are about 1.1 GB! From the first comments in the official forums, it seems that the music patch is well worth the download, while the videos are only marginally better.

|MaguS|
10-03-05, 11:14 AM
Eh, I beat the game on the Xbox. Not going to go through it again just for high res movies and HQ Music. I want better graphics!

CaptNKILL
10-03-05, 12:03 PM
Man, I went right through KOTOR and loved every minute of it... KOTOR 2 is totaly uninteresting to me though. Im not that far but its just, blah... its exactly like the reviews said. The characters dont have much personality and overall it just seems a lot more sloppy than the first one. Quests\missions seem to have lots of bugs where you can start a quest half way through if you talk to someone at the wrong time, like "oh I see you found the item i wanted... heres your payment" even though I've never talked to the guy before.

I'll probably start playing again some time, but it just cant hold my attention like the first one.

|MaguS|
10-03-05, 12:05 PM
I liked both, While the first one had more character personality, I found the second one to have a slightly better story on a whole. I can't wait for the next installments! :D